Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How can I get the name, dollar amount and account number of the checks I regularly write to be saved

How can I get the name, dollar amount and account number of the checks I regularly write to be saved so I don't have to rewrite this information every month?

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ajsaoud,

You can use the "memorize payee" function to "save" any transaction to the "memorized payee" list in Quicken.  The next time you start to write a check or initiate an online payment, etc. as you start to enter the payee's name a list will be displayed from which you can select the prior payment information. Then all you might need to do is modify whatever fields need changing (such as the dollar amount where the amounts are different every month, or the check memo information).

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also - as an additional step - you can also "add a reminder"" for the transaction so that it will pop-up whenever it is due.  You can add reminders for bills, deposits, or transfers and have them repeat in whatever interval you want (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc., etc.).  When used with memorized payees - using reminders makes paying bills, recording deposits and/or transfers easy.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • ajsaoud
    ajsaoud Member
    Frankx:
    Thank you for your response. I have a new Quicken program. It seems that fpr this to work now I have to enter the information for each payee as a memorized
    transaction. I was hoping this new version of Quicken I have would recognize all the payees I had already in memory from my old Quicken program. I have hundreds of them!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi @ajsaoud,

It depends on what you mean by "I have a new Quicken program".

If you have started a new Quicken data file (QDF) then, yes you will need to start from scratch and enter each payee and memorize them.  However, if you mean that you purchased a new Quicken "subscription" or moved from one tier to another (for example you moved from Deluxe to Premier) then, your memorized payees and reminders will still be in your Quicken data file (QDF).

Hope this clarifies things.

Frankx