Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken cannot find files

What the H is wrong with Quicken these days? Used it since 1993 and never any trouble until the last few months.
When I go to open my file, Quicken cannot find it. The "Open" window can't find it either. I am sick and tried of restoring backups.

(Also, it often opens now without the Portfolio being available - both on the Toolbar and in the drop-down menu.

Quicken was better when I didn't have to re-up every year. Good grief!

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you aren't already, always access the data file in a folder on an internal drive and use short (8.3) names.  For example: QData.QDF

Also, do not allow another process to access the data file while it is in use by Quicken.  For example, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, MegaSync, ...
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.