Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

Macy's Credit Card and American Express in Bill Manager

I recently contacted both Quicken support and Macy's to try to resolve the error message in Bill Manager when attempting to add a Macy's Credit card. I either get a message that the biller's service is not available or it shows that the bill is successfully added, but the next bill never updates or refreshes. I was able to add an American Express account, but the bill never updated long after I had already received a notification that it was available. Has anyone found a resolution for these problems?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken HughQuicken Hugh Moderator, Employee mod
    edited May 18
    Hi Tom,
    You've asked a great question. 
    May we gather some more details about your particular situation so that we may better answer your question? Please provide: US or CAN? Starter/Deluxe/Premier or Home & Business? What version/release/build are you on?

Within Quicken > Bills & Income tab > Bills sub-tab, with the drop-down menus set to Biller Name and All bills respectively,  in the Biller column, you have added American Express as an Online Biller, yes? (If you are seeing the actual American Express logo, then you have successfully added American Express as an Online Biller. If you only see the light blue Bill Reminder symbol, then you have American Express set for only a Bill Reminder.)
    In the Current Bill column, on the American Express row, it is showing the text "Awaiting next bill" - is this correct? If that is your situation, then any missing bill or biller should be investigated on an individual basis, as there could be an issue with the biller. If need be, contact support directly

Do you also have your American Express bill set up to be paid through the old Quicken Bill Pay system? If you have your AMEX bill set to be paid through Quicken Bill Pay, then the bill should be properly paid utilizing the old system. (You can double-check to see exactly what you have set up to be paid through the old system by logging in at QuickenBillPay.com.)

As of this writing, the old Quicken Bill Pay system is still fully enabled and working; it should continue to pay the bills you've set up to be paid - up until the final retirement of the Quicken Bill Pay system later this summer. Or until you affirmatively cancel the old Quicken Bill Pay.

For example, my own personal auto insurance company is withholding releasing my next-due auto insurance bill information to Quicken. I could log into the insurance company's website, to see and pay my next bill. But I've chosen to wait until my insurance company releases the information to Quicken, and then I will pay my auto insurance bill via the Quicken Bill Manager > Online Biller > Quick Pay function. [NOTE Since this was originally written, my insurance company did update with the correct information.]

As always, if you need additional assistance, you are always welcome to contact support directly if need be.

• Robert ArmaniRobert Armani Member ✭✭✭
    I think Macy's statement section has issues with Quicken. I haven't been able to download my statement for a few months now. The error is usually "The biller's web site is not accessible at this time. Please try again later."

The funny thing is the transactions download just fine. It's the statement that has issues, and there's nothing that we can do on our end.
  • TomTom Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Hugh. I have not used Quicken Billpay. I do have American Express set up as an online biller. I have the American Express logo. I am able to use Quick pay to pay it off with no problem. It's just that it continues to say "Awaiting next bill". When I click on the bill icon to look at it, I only see older bills. Since my original post, I've noticed that bills for several other accounts do not update. Some do update with no problem. So it seems to depend on the financial institution.
  • mark1852mark1852 Member ✭✭
    I have had the same issue for several months with the error "The biller's web site is not accessible at this time". My regular American Express cards sync correctly. The Macy's AMEX card appears to sync with the Macys site NOT Amex. I have had it connect once in the last 30 days.
  • Rick DeckardRick Deckard Member ✭✭
    > @mark1852 said:
    > I have had the same issue for several months with the error "The biller's web site is not accessible at this time". My regular American Express cards sync correctly. The Macy's AMEX card appears to sync with the Macys site NOT Amex. I have had it connect once in the last 30 days.

> @Robert Armani said:
    > I think Macy's statement section has issues with Quicken. I haven't been able to download my statement for a few months now. The error is usually "The biller's web site is not accessible at this time. Please try again later."

The funny thing is the transactions download just fine. It's the statement that has issues, and there's nothing that we can do on our end.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    I have the exact same problem with my Macy's credit card. Has anyone found the solution?
  • rpsandmeyerjrrpsandmeyerjr Member ✭✭
    Same exact issue with Macy's . Transactions download just fine. But when I try to add Macy's into new QBM it just tells me biller's web site is not acc :# essible.
    @QuickenHugh

Any thoughts?
  • Quicken HughQuicken Hugh Moderator, Employee mod
    edited May 18
    Strictly speaking, there are two separate issues here. As noted by several people, the One Step Update download transactions function is/has been working as expected.

Separately, within the Bills & Income tab, Tom does have the Online Biller (AMEX in his example) correctly linked , but "It's just that it continues to say "Awaiting next bill".

Please bear in mind, Quicken can successfully connect to our counter-parties (as Tom has done with AMEX). Any missing bill or biller should be investigated on an individual basis, as there could be an issue with the biller; please contact support directly for additional troubleshooting help.

Thank you for your understanding,
    Quicken Hugh
    Thanks Hugh for clarifying what is going on for us that are having this problem. It's much much appreciated.
  • Dave MayerDave Mayer Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem with my Citi Costco Visa Signature credit card.

What is strange to me is that Citi is listed as "An online biller that can be linked with Quicken" and Citi can be setup for bill payment using Quicken Bill Manager, yet the amount due is never transmitted.

This is ludicrous. If a company isn't willing to send the amount due then they shouldn't be listed as an "An online biller that can be linked with Quicken" in my humble opinion.
    > @Dave Mayer said:
    > I'm having the same problem with my Citi Costco Visa Signature credit card.
    >
    I have had no problems recently with receiving both transactions and bills from my Citi Costco Visa Signature credit card. However, I do NOT use bill payment using Quicken Bill Manager for any accounts. I prefer to use biller auto-payment systems and over-ride if necessary.

> @Robert Armani said:
    > I think Macy's statement section has issues with Quicken. I haven't been able to download my statement for a few months now. The error is usually "The biller's web site is not accessible at this time. Please try again later."
    >
    > The funny thing is the transactions download just fine. It's the statement that has issues, and there's nothing that we can do on our end.

Today my Macy's online bill updated, first time in almost two months. Yeah!