Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Should the Bill Manager reflect the blalance of my latest statement or the online balance?

I am learning this new process slowly and i set up an AMEX bill to track. As the statement was available, the balance showed up, all good. But the next day the balance owed was updated by a new transaction which will be on next month's bill. Is this the way it should work? I expected last month's balnce to be there until I paid with the Quick Pay function.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The online bill should obtain a due date and amount from the linked online biller when the statement becomes available.  If an online bill is linked to an bill reminder, the bill reminder should use the online bill for its due date and estimate.  

If the bill reminder is for a credit card payment and the bill reminder is not linked to an online bill, the bill reminder may be set to estimate the amount as a fixed amount, an average of previous payments, the time of year, or the current credit card balance.  If we select current credit card balance, the running balance of the register on the due date of the bill reminder is used.
  • Bob Sprowls
    Bob Sprowls Member ✭✭
    Any suggestions as to why the current bill amount would have updated? That is, could I have marked something incorrect? It is not the estimate that previously showed prior to linking it, it is the same value as the credit card register amount.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any suggestions as to why the current bill amount would have updated? That is, could I have marked something incorrect? It is not the estimate that previously showed prior to linking it, it is the same value as the credit card register amount.
    If you are using a manual bill reminder for the credit card payment and the reminder is set to the current credit card balance as an estimate, the running balance in the register on the due date of the reminder is used as the estimate.
This discussion has been closed.