Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

I am not receiving check #s when I update my accounts from the bank.

I've been using Quicken for 3 years. At the beginning of March I stopped receiving the check information when I do an update. It is the same for all 3 accounts. Checks are still selected using the wheel at corner of update. The bank is BB&T and my release number is R25.21.

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I understand this right, this problem occurs in your BB&T Checking account and applies to all paper checks that you have written. Correct?
    What is the exact information that you receive from the bank?
    • Payee = "Check 1234"
      or
    • Payee = the real Payee Name of the company you sent the check to?
    In the latter case, the check was most likely deposited / processed by the payee as a Direct Debit transaction, in which case the paper check's number may get lost.
    If I'm totally wrong on this shot in the dark, and if you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can be found at this website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018+ Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • To start Chat or see the support phone number, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• PegMcDPegMcD Member
    still no resolve to my issue -- I use a direct connect to BB&T bank to download account activity. Until the beginning of March the download always populated the Check# column. Since March I do not received any data in that column. I talked with Quicken support who walked me thru options like repair etc., still no check information. Anyone else have this issue. Tomorrow, I'm going to try to speak to BB&T to see if they some how changed the "check#" field.
  • Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @PegMcD,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, and I'm sorry to hear that you are experience this.

To better assist you-- How long have you been experiencing this issue? Was there anything in particular that stuck out to you when you noticed this change took place?

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • PegMcDPegMcD Member
    The issue started in early March around the 3rd. I am the treasurer for a small HOA and I always update early in the month to check to see if everyone had paid fee. Now I have to login to bank to see what units paid because their check information is not there along with any checks that I have written for the community. Nothing new that I know of in my setup
    edited April 5
    Thank you for the additional information. 
    You may not recall (which is fine if you don't), but do you know if this would've happened after installing a new update release at all? I believe that we released a new version at the beginning of March if I'm not mistaken.
    To start with though-- If you haven't done so already, the first thing that I suggest you try is to validate your data file by following the steps below and see if that helps any--
    First Save a backup of your data file (just in case). 
    Then go to File > File Operations > Validate and Repair > Validate File > Ok > Close the data log that will populate > Close Quicken > Wait at least 5 seconds > Reopen Quicken and try again to see if the issue reoccurs/remains the same or gets corrected
    You can also try super validating which are the same steps as above except that you will hold "Ctrl" and "Shift" on your keyboard when clicking on "Validate and Repair" in order to get the option for "Super Validate".
    Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja 
    -Quicken Anja
  • PegMcDPegMcD Member
    I have done the validate- it made no difference. The problem started before I did the newest release. I actually thought the problem was caused by not doing release so I applied the newest release and still had the issue
    edited April 5
    Okay, thank you for reporting back to us.

Next step then-- You can try adding the account in a test file and see if the issue occurs in the test file as well--

File > New Quicken File > Leave the pop-up window selected on "New Quicken File" > Click "Ok" > Name the new file (i.e.: "Test") Click "Yes" on "Close current file?" (if prompted, this message doesn't always occur)--

From here you may be prompted to sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password > Follow the prompts until the new file opens and you receive a blue "Add Account" button on the bottom-right corner > Select the appropriate account type to add > Find or search and then select the name of your financial institution > Next > Sign in using your financial institution Online Banking credentials > Once the account is found go ahead and click "Continue" > Finish > Check the account register to see if the same issue occurs in this test file or if it downloads correctly as it should.

If this works correctly, check back again and I can provide further troubleshooting.

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 5
    @PegMcD ,

[Comment Redacted - Disruptive] Are you writing the checks by hand or are you uploading the checks via Direct Connect to be paid?
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    And you mentioned fees that are paid?  So checks that were deposited?  How are they paid or deposited?  Wouldn't you have that info when you made the deposit?  I'm not sure how you were getting the info before of who paid.  
This discussion has been closed.