ESOP Tracking In the Mac Version (2 Merged Votes)

BStrobel18
BStrobel18 Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in Investments (Mac)
When will Quicken for Mac have ESOP functionality like the windows version?
34 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Windows version doesn't have ESOP functionality, but it does handle stock acquired via an ESPP.  Maybe that's what you're referring to?
    As you're mainly talking to other users of Quicken in here I don't think you're going to get any answer to your question.  You can post it as an "idea", and hopefully the developers will pick it up that way, if they're not already working on it.
  • BStrobel18
    BStrobel18 Member ✭✭
    I realize this is other users I wanted to see if anybody had gotten any updates or news that I have not seen. And no I am referring to ESOP which you can track via editing an ESOP security just not in the Mac version is what I have been informed. I will add it to ideas too thanks for that tidbit.
  • BStrobel18
    BStrobel18 Member ✭✭
    It would be great to have the ESOP and RSG functionality in Quicken for Mac.
  • I would love to be able to track my ESOP in Quicken Mac. 
  • I've searched the community and haven't found much on this topic. Does anyone know if it's possible to track ESOPs in Quicken Mac? I know they're not one of the official types of Investment accounts listed as an option to add, but has anyone found a workaround for tracking ESOPs using the "Other" investment account type?

My company manages our ESOPs through the Principal Financial Group, and they offer web connect transaction download, but when I import the downloaded transactions the account balance is way, way off. I don't know a lot about how ESOPs work, so any advice is appreciated (even if it's that there just really isn't a good way to accurately track ESOPs in Quicken Mac, at least currently).

Thanks!
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited April 2020
    Hello @[email protected],

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your question, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

The ability to track ESOP accounts in Quicken for Mac is currently unavailable, so I have gone ahead and merged your post with an ongoing Idea thread requesting that this functionality be implemented into the program.

Please be sure to add your vote by clicking on the gray triangle right above the current vote count, located in the blue box at the beginning of this thread:
    Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Perry
    Perry Member ✭✭
    VERY disappointing that something this big is available on Windows but not on the Mac SUBSCRIPTION version.
  • Joe13
    Joe13 Member ✭✭
    Surprised that the ability to track non-qualified or ISO options that are typically granted to employees in public companies is not available in Quicken for Mac. Would like to see this added.
  • ankitmerchant
    ankitmerchant Member ✭✭
    This is very disappointing. This feature is long due. Please add ESOP as well as options trading in the next release.
  • pwillie
    pwillie Member
    I am now migrating to Quicken for Mac from using the Windows version for many years. ESOP capability has been in the Windows version for at least 10 yrs. Would like to see this in the Mac product!! I have voted above, but not sure what that really means...Seems like voting has been going on for 8 months. This is the first difference Ive come across in the Mac product... hope there are not too many others. :(
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @pwillie  (a) There are many differences between Quicken Mac and Quicken Windows. Fortunately, not user uses every feature in Quicken, so the hope is that the differences that affect you will be few and minimal. ;) (b) Some idea posts here are nearly five years old. ;)

The fact is, there are more feature requests than the developers can implement, so features are always competing against each other to get put on the developers' to-do list. This idea has only attracted 16 votes as of this moment, and that's not enough to put it in the upper tier of users' requests. However, things aren't implemented by vote totals alone, so sometimes things which have a relatively small number of votes get implemented because the developers decide it's worth doing, or sometime it's easy to do while making some other change in the same area of the program.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • KenF
    KenF Member
    This is a basic net worth calculation function. People that use Quicken are highly likely to have some sort of stock options as compensation. It's an obvious miss.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @KenF  Some quick stats: about 10 million Americans are active participants in ESOPs, out of roughly 200 million adults (people over the age of 21) -- so about 5% of US adults. Yes, there's a large swath of current workers and retirees who don't use software like Quicken to manage their personal finances, so the percentage of Quicken users with ESOPs may be greater -- but the majority of Quicken users don't have ESOPs. ;)

That said, of course there are plenty of Quicken users who do have ESOPs, so I agree this would be a useful addition to the program (even though I personally have no need for it as neither my wife nor I have ever had one).

In fact, I'm puzzled by why this topic has attracted so few votes. I would think there would be more people clamoring for this functionality to be added to Quicken Mac, yet it has only 20 votes over more than a year. (Anyone reading this who wants ESOPs added to Quicken Mac, be sure to go to the top of this thread and click on the little gray arrow in the big blue box to register your vote for this feature.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Scott W W
    Scott W W Member
    Wanting to bump this one to the top again, I have been asking for this feature forever. It is important to help track employee stocks that vest yearly at different schedules. Quicken should be a one stop for all investments and I feel this is something many have.