Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Investments (Mac)

ESOP Tracking In the Mac Version (2 Merged Votes)

BStrobel18BStrobel18 Member ✭✭
edited April 11 in Investments (Mac)
When will Quicken for Mac have ESOP functionality like the windows version?
6 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Tom YoungTom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Windows version doesn't have ESOP functionality, but it does handle stock acquired via an ESPP.  Maybe that's what you're referring to?
    As you're mainly talking to other users of Quicken in here I don't think you're going to get any answer to your question.  You can post it as an "idea", and hopefully the developers will pick it up that way, if they're not already working on it.
  • BStrobel18BStrobel18 Member ✭✭
    I realize this is other users I wanted to see if anybody had gotten any updates or news that I have not seen. And no I am referring to ESOP which you can track via editing an ESOP security just not in the Mac version is what I have been informed. I will add it to ideas too thanks for that tidbit.
  • BStrobel18BStrobel18 Member ✭✭
    It would be great to have the ESOP and RSG functionality in Quicken for Mac.
  • Austin@[email protected] Member ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to be able to track my ESOP in Quicken Mac. 
  • Austin@[email protected] Member ✭✭✭✭
    I've searched the community and haven't found much on this topic. Does anyone know if it's possible to track ESOPs in Quicken Mac? I know they're not one of the official types of Investment accounts listed as an option to add, but has anyone found a workaround for tracking ESOPs using the "Other" investment account type?

My company manages our ESOPs through the Principal Financial Group, and they offer web connect transaction download, but when I import the downloaded transactions the account balance is way, way off. I don't know a lot about how ESOPs work, so any advice is appreciated (even if it's that there just really isn't a good way to accurately track ESOPs in Quicken Mac, at least currently).

Thanks!
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited April 18
    Hello @[email protected],

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your question, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

The ability to track ESOP accounts in Quicken for Mac is currently unavailable, so I have gone ahead and merged your post with an ongoing Idea thread requesting that this functionality be implemented into the program.

Please be sure to add your vote by clicking on the gray triangle right above the current vote count, located in the blue box at the beginning of this thread:
    Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• PerryPerry Member ✭✭
    VERY disappointing that something this big is available on Windows but not on the Mac SUBSCRIPTION version.
  • JoeJoe Member ✭✭
    Surprised that the ability to track non-qualified or ISO options that are typically granted to employees in public companies is not available in Quicken for Mac. Would like to see this added.
  • ankitmerchantankitmerchant Member ✭✭
    This is very disappointing. This feature is long due. Please add ESOP as well as options trading in the next release.