Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Unable to access disk in drive c when attempting to restopre from backup

unable to restore unless I right-click Quicken app and 'run as administrator', though when Quicken starts it states that 'running as administrator is not supported' though it lets me perform the restore anyway. running Windows 10 Quicken Deluxe r25.21 bld:27.1.25.21

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20074791
  • schwepper
    schwepper Member
    edited April 2020
    No, Permissions already set to full control (see attached)...

(edited attached image to redact personal info]
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2020
    Hello @schwepper,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue and sorry to hear that you're experiencing this.

Being that the issue you are experiencing can have multiple causes-- I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support instead as you may need extensive troubleshooting done in order to have this successfully resolved.

Quicken Support Current Hours of Operation:
    Monday through Friday
    8:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT
    Note: Chat Support will also be available for these hours 7 days a week.
    -Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Did you try first copying the files from the CD to your hard dive or Desktop?  Then try accessing and restoring from there.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When trying to restore (or store) a Quicken data file on your computer, you need to be sure to specify the correct destination folder. Windows normally does not allow any folder to be used for storing data files, documents, images, etc.
    Program Files folders and other system folders are not permitted.
    The recommended and default location for a Quicken data file is
    C:\Users\_your_username_\Documents\Quicken.

After the file has been restored to a permissible folder you can run Quicken from a regular Windows User account without Admin privileges.

This discussion has been closed.