Help with restoring file

I performed a "find Quicken file" search and I just found my *.qdf file in backup/backup/backup directory. I dbl clicked on it and box showed up asking if I wanted to overwrite the current file which I did. Then the entire application closed on its own. This has happened about twenty times now.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    That suggests that such file is corrupted, perhaps severely.
    SO, try
    FILE, File Operations, Validate and Repair  .... and select that same file.  Be sure to check "Validate File" and "Rebuild Investing Lots" (if present) before you click OK.

You might also try doing a WINDOWS search for files ending in either .QDF or .QDF-backup before you do the Validation
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    A little more detail regarding what you are trying to do would be helpful.

It appears when you open Quicken, you are opening a valid data file. Is that not the one you desire?  You have a pretty deep backup file structure which indicates an issue. Your last used data file which is the one opening initially is not the one you want to open?

Step one is to locate your main file(s).  Use windows explorer to find it or click on the File menu in Quicken. It should be the first one listed.