Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

How do I correct update transactions that download payments as charges and charges as payments

I have 4 accounts with my Bank that are linked with Quicken. When updating transactions, I have no problem with 3 of 4. The 4th, which is a bank credit card account, downloads charges as payments and payments as charges. I have deactivated all the accounts and reset them several times but it has not corrected the problem. I have to manually make the correction for each transaction.

Comments

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the full name of the financial institution and the connection method being used: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E and select the Online Services tab.

If you're using the Express Web Connect connection method, I suggest you contact Quicken Support.  Otherwise, contact the financial institution.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do TOOLS, Account List and click the EDIT button adjacent to the name of this card account.
    What is displayed there as the "Account Type"?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31
    Here is a sample of a Credit Card account - ... .
    ... Account List --> right click on account --> Edit

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Carolinaboy72Carolinaboy72 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the responses. The financial institution is South Carolina Federal Credit Union. I am using Express Web Connect. The account type is credit. I've got a couple of other things to try before contacting Quicken Support. It was working fine until a couple of weeks ago. Maybe the last update changed something. Again, thanks for the help.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has the CU changed their website recently?  EWC frequently uses "screen scraping" to collect the info to download.  A change to the website can screw up the scripts that are used to to this.
    Per the contract with Q, the banks/cards/brokerages/etc are supposed to notify Q, IN A TIMELY MANNER, about any such webchanges.  When they don't, the Q user suffers until things get straightened out.
    IF this is the case, notify Q Support ASAP so that they can escalate the matter to get things fixed.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.