Why can't I reactivate my credit card at Citi Cards following error OL 362

Got OL 362 when doing Update Accounts from Citi Cards. Followed instruction online. Deactivate then Reactivate account. When it tries to connect to Citi Cards, I get message taht Quicken is having trouble connecting to Citi Cards. I keep trying and I always get the same message. I am inputting the correct account number and password. Checked it several times.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you deactivate the Online Services for the account (open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab, Deactivate, ....).  Then, select the General tab on the Account Details window, clear the Financial institution: field, select OK

Next, register at: https://online.citi.com/US/ag/ofxConsentPage

Then, select Tools > Add Account...,  Credit CardAdvanced Setup, enter Citi Cards, select Next, choose Direct Connect, select Next, provide the appropriate credentials, select ConnectLink > the appropriate existing account,  Next, and Finish.
  • bobheyden
    bobheyden Member
    I called Quicken support. They determined it must be a problem with Citi Cards. We could not even add this account to a New Quicken File. Got same message that Quicken could not establish contact with Citi Cards.
  • Hello, @bobheyden

I just have a couple of questions from when you were on call with support. In the test file did they have you test both Express web connect and direct connect? I do no the article is pertaining to direct connect. I'm just wondering if there's any sort of message that was put up when trying to connect to the bank. If you didn't try the EWC connection method could you try that one? 

Let me know if that one does let you through or not. 

Thanks,

-Quicken Francisco
  • bobheyden
    bobheyden Member
    We tried it both ways. Message is always the same; "We are having trouble connecting with Citi Cards". Then it gives me options to try again or enter transactions manually. I am not interested in entering manually which defeats the purpose of Quicken for this account.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Really this sounds like something on the Citibank side.
    Have you tired contacting Citibank about the issue?
    Especially for Direct Connect problems it is Quicken talking directly to their OFX server, so they are really the ones to handle most of these problems.

It has been a long time since I first setup my CostCo credit card (with Citi Cards as the financial institution) and I don't remember anything I had to setup on their website, but there might be something like that.

BTW I hope you are aware of the fact for Express Web Connect you would use Citibank as the financial institution instead of Citi Cards.  But that is really a painful "solution" since it seems like every other day there are people posting on here were they are getting errors using it to download their transactions.

Another approach I thought of was downloading an importing a Web Connect/QFX file.  You use the "export" link on their site for that.  And then once setup you might be able to switch, but when I looked into it that sets up Citibank, which means that at most it will get you to Express Web Connect.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    bobheyden said:
    We tried it both ways. Message is always the same; "We are having trouble connecting with Citi Cards". Then it gives me options to try again or enter transactions manually. I am not interested in entering manually which defeats the purpose of Quicken for this account.

If you haven't already, I suggest you create a new temporary data file to determine if the issue you are having is specific to the data file or your Citi Cards account.

To create a new data file: select File > New Quicken File...

As I previously suggested, before you provide the credentials, register at: https://online.citi.com/US/ag/ofxConsentPage

and use Advanced Setup to indicate you want to use the Direct Connect connection method.

Select Tools > Add Account...,  Credit CardAdvanced Setup, enter Citi Cards, select Next, choose Direct Connect, select Next, provide the appropriate credentials, select ConnectNext, and Finish.

If you're able to successfully add the account, the implication is there is an issue specific to the original data file.  If so, I suggest verifying that you have deactivated the Online Services of all the registers associated with Citi Card in the original data file.  If the issue persists, I suggest you save a backup (press Ctrl + B) and try deactivating the Online Services of all registers.  If the issue persists, delete the Password Vaultselect Tools > Password Vault > Delete and all Saved Passwords...  If the issue persists, perform a Copy and Validate: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

If you were not able to add the account to the temporary data file, then I suggest you contact the financial institution.
This discussion has been closed.