Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Bill Pay not working

The latest upgrade to my windows 2020 subscription wiped out my ability to use the current Quicken Bill Pay. Tech support had ZERO answers and suggested I post here. [rant redacted]
Tagged:

Answers

• fayoub
    fayoub Member ✭✭
    Same issue here with BillPay not showing up on the One-step Update. No software upgrade was performed today as it is the same version I was using yesterday (Year-2020, Version-R25.21, Build-27.1.25.21) but I guess it's April Fool's day, so there you go!
  • Jordan Klein
    Jordan Klein Member ✭✭
    Having the same problem. It displays my bank account with password prompt on the 1-step update screen. Even when I put in a password, it refuses to allow me to connect. It pops up a dialog saying I need to enter the password, even though I'd done so.
  • bobschle
    bobschle Member
    Having same problem
  • Jordan Klein
    Jordan Klein Member ✭✭
    Ok, I solved it on my end. I deactivated Quicken Bill Pay and then reactivated it. It did so successfully and was able to send a bill when I did 1-Step Update.
  • barry987
    barry987 Member ✭✭
    Same problem, however with a twist. When I reactivated it, it created a duplicate account that it linked to. Problem is I tried to copy the transactions from the original account into the new one and of course the reconcile is now off and I don't want to spend the time trying to fix it. Can someone tell me how I can get to reactivate to the correct account. On QBP it does say it is syncing to the correct account but it will not.
  • FordH
    FordH Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Earlier this week I upgraded to Quicken Deluxe 2020, R25.21, Build 27.1 25.21, because Quicken sent me an e-mail that my 2017 version would no longer be supported. That e-mail also state that the old Quicken Bill Pay would expire on May 31. A few days ago, there was a follow-up e-mail from Quicken saying that Quicken Bill Pay would be extended until August 31, allegedly to relieve our stress of migrating to the new Bill Manager during the Covid.

Today when I tried to pay bills using Quicken Bill Pay, I suffered the same issues described in the messages above. I tried deactivating and reactivating, but that didn't work. I keep getting the "sorry its not your fault" message that "Quicken is having trouble connecting to Quicken Bill Pay".

Didn't we go through this stupid exercise about 3 months ago or so? Why does it keep happening? Why doesn't a Quicken moderator get on this forum and explain what is going on? (Removed-Inaccurate) 

If someone from Quicken is reading, please understand that I have zero confidence that the new Bill Manager will work properly out of the box and want to delay using it as long as possible while you fix the inevitable bugs and quirks. Thus the August 31 extension of QBP was a great relief to me. But that seems to have gone by the wayside.
  • barry987
    barry987 Member ✭✭
    I agree with FordH and I am starting to look at other options to replace Quicken that I have been using since the early 90's (yes dos). There have been more problems with Quicken and QBP in the last few months than I have had the entire time I have used them.
  • bobschle
    bobschle Member
    Sounds like Barry didnt correctly LINK the newly synced account. Ive done that in the past.
    I solved the problem by deactivating and reactivating the account. Then you must resetup the Bill Pay setup.
    As it relates t me, the talk of dropping quicken is crazy talk
  • barry987
    barry987 Member ✭✭
    bobschle, I don't even see QBP in order to deactivate, how do you suggest I do that? I tried to delete the account in QBP but it wouldn't let me because I only have one account in QBP. I tried adding QBP-New, but it doesn't exist in my version of Q Deluxe, Year is 2020, version R25.21 and Build 27.25.21. Suggestions on what I can try?
  • barry987
    barry987 Member ✭✭
    I resolved the problem by opeining a 3/31 backup and saw the QBP was still there and then updated it and everything is working fine.
  • MadUser
    MadUser Member
    edited April 2020
    Really says a lot about how poor the customer support is with this product. There has not been 1 reply by a moderator. (Remove-Inaccurate/Rant)
  • barry987
    barry987 Member ✭✭
    I also noticed all the information I added to the new Bills & Income folder was deleted and I am going to leave it that way for now.
  • FordH
    FordH Member ✭✭
    I went back to Quicken today to try to access Quicken Bill Pay. Not only do I get the same error message, but my online payee list has disappeared from Quicken. This is frustrating beyond belief.

Barry987 -- Can you explain in a little more detail what you did to "update" the back-up file in order to get Quicken Bill Pay to work again? Thanks.

Amazing that they can edit our posts but can't have a moderator address the technical issues.
  • barry987
    barry987 Member ✭✭
    FordH, it was actually extremely simple. Hopefully you are backing up your Quicken regularly. All you need to do is go to File-Backup and Restore and the click on Restore. A list of your backup files should appear. JUst chose any one prior to April 1 and then click on the One Step Update and it should work. The draw back is you are going to have to accept all of the updates.
  • FordH
    FordH Member ✭✭
    barry987 -- Thank-you for the explanation. I was easy to follow your steps. Unfortunately it did not work for me -- might have something to do with Citibank. For some reason, when I restored the back-up Quicken Bill Pay had been converted to Citibank Bill Pay. Truly bizarre. So when I deactivated Citibank Bill Pay and tried to set up Quicken Bill Pay, I ended up with the same error messages. Thanks again.
  • barry987
    barry987 Member ✭✭
    Hmm, I have Citibank as well. Did you deactivate it on the web or within Quicken? Did it work on the date you used to restore?
  • FordH
    FordH Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    (Removed-Duplicate Commenting)
  • barry987
    barry987 Member ✭✭
    Interesting that they removed your last comment as "Duplicate Commenting". I will not use the Bill Manager until they give me a choice of when I want to pay a bill. The way it is set up now, you either pay immediately electronically or by mail if you want to pay it later. The options are unacceptable to me since I want to set up the bill when it is received for payment on a later date and it needs to be paid electronically not by stupid snail mail which resulted in some of my payments being received late so I switched back to QBP. Like I said earlier, I am trying to determine what I want to use as an alternative when QBP is shut down.
  • jmrydzon1
    jmrydzon1 Member ✭✭
    Today, I upgraded quicken from 2017 to 2020 and have the same issues as above regarding the missing link to syncing with QBP. I've decided to pay bills using QBP and manually enter the info into quicken 2020 for the time being to avoid the risk of totally messing everything trying to fix it. If bill pay manager doesn't allow scheduling payments when it releases in August, I'm done with quicken, although I've used it successfully (until now) for over 20 years, and I'm heartbroken that such a great program isn't great anymore.
  • barry987
    barry987 Member ✭✭
    I am with you 200% concerning the ability to schedule our payments I have been looking at some other programs but don't want to change unless forced to

Out of curiosity did you try editing the account in the OnLine Services section and deactivate QBP and then reactivate it? It might work. The other option I have tried is to reinstall an earlier backup and before doing QBP I make sure it is deactivated and then reactivated and it has worked the last few times. Good luck!!
  • chuck-gcs
    chuck-gcs Member ✭✭
    Earlier this week when I opened Quicken 2017 premier it auto-updated to Version: R20.2 Build: 26.1.20.2 ; and then after reconnecting QBP to my checking account it was again functioning properly.
    I could waste our time by offering my several guesses about what has transpired and why, but for now I will just play along and see what comes next.
  • barry987
    barry987 Member ✭✭
    Chuck-gs, any issues with QBP working but not syncing the bank account correctly?
  • chuck-gcs
    chuck-gcs Member ✭✭
    barry987, At this point both syncing and payments appear to working correctly. Of course your mileage may vary.
This discussion has been closed.