How to correct errors in validated file?

I validated my data file and the log indicated Acct_10980 had a transaction with an error in the split and the category should be corrected. I have no account with those numbers. How do I check where this is? One error was in a transaction I could find all transactions with that payee, but no transaction showed any error. How should I find this transaction? The program corrected one transaction and dated the change 04-01-2020 but gave no account and no payee. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-resolve-temp-accounts
  • MemphisBBQ
    MemphisBBQ Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the link. It states Quicken may create a temporary account appearing as Temp_accounts. Would these show up under Accounts? I did have to reset my computer two weeks ago and when I reinstalled Quicken I used the Quicken 2017 I had saved on the computer and then used the Check for Update in the program. It did that but I kept getting messages Q2017 would not download after some date, so I went online and downloaded Quicken and installed it. None of this should have changed anything in the data file, but now I am having this issue. But at this time when I get into Quicken it wants me to enter my account online every time. Many thanks for our time and suggestion.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody else had a recent discussion about long-ignored TEMP accounts and how to get rid of them. Please read this: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20080766#Comment_20080766 and try the suggested solution there.

• MemphisBBQ
    MemphisBBQ Member ✭✭
    So many thanks for your responses to my post. I decided, right evaluation or not, that there must have been some error created in restoring my data file, so I went back two backups and restored that file, creating a copy of the data file in use. When it had completed the restoration, it asked if I wished to sync it to the cloud and I did. I think all is well.
This discussion has been closed.