Home Quicken for Mac Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)

Quicken 2007 Mac won't open

Jproulx76Jproulx76 Member
I have an old version of Quicken (2007) and am running MAC OS Sierra 10.12.6
It was working for several years and now, all of a sudden, it won't open. I use Quicken for my taxes so this is concerning. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you update your Mac OS recently?
    See here for more about what Mac OS versions Q Mac 2007 runs on: https://www.quicken.com/support/update-quicken-mac-2007-support-policies-may-2016
    (I'm getting all confused by the Mac OS names vs. version numbers ...)
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken 2007 will run on macOS Sierra (10.12), as well as High Sierra (10.13) and Mojave (10.14); only the current macOS Catalina (10.15) cannot run Quicken 2007.

But there's another wrinkle. The really old, original version of Quicken 2007, version 16.0.x, will only run on Mac operating systems up to Snow Leopard (10.6). Most people who have been using Quicken 2007 in recent years have the updated version (16.1.x or 16.2.x) which runs on all the modern operating systems. 

To see what you have, open your Applications folder, find the Quicken 2007 app, and click on it once and do File > Get Info. This will show you the actual version number, as you can see below: 

If you have the 16.0.x version, you're out of luck; that hasn't worked on any macOS since Snow Leopard. You'll have to hunt around to try to find a copy of Quicken 2007 16.2.x you can buy. Quicken doesn't sell it or make it available, but there are some people typically selling it on eBay.

If you have the 16.2.4 version, it should work on your macOS. What exactly happens when you double-click on the application to launch it?
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.