Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Memorized Payee List Miantenance Grayed Out

No idea if this is the proper category, but here goes:

I've searched the community and seen one or two questions about this but no actual answers. Whether I have payees selected or not, the List Maintenance Options are grayed out and cannot be checked. I have Quicken version R25.21 / Build 27.1.25.21

I have just set my preference to remove any memorizied payee older than 1 month but that may only work going forward as restarting Quicken did not show any of the older ones removed.

BTW, I've been a Quicken user for over 10 years which

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    MPL Maintenance only works when one of the 3 listed conditions exist in your MPL and the error check has been enabled

When setting the "remove ... older than [xx] ..." preference, make sure that the preference itself is enabled (checkmark in the box to the left).
    It takes a restart of Quicken to trigger MPL housekeeping.
    You can sort the MPL by Last Used date and see if any MPL entries older than [xx] months exist.
    How many MPL entries do you have on file? (Click Help / CTRL-click About Quicken to get the File Information window with a count of MPL entries)
    Is there any particular reason why you are working with the MPL?
  • lpinsker
    lpinsker Member ✭✭
    Yes, the preference is checked. But I also had "Complete fields using previous entries" checked, which I didn't think I had checked. Could this be the reason every transaction was being memorized even though "Automatically memorize new" is not checked?

I have all my auto pay payees entered in MPL. I have all the places I frequently shop in MPL with Zero $ locked. I have all my Direct Deposits in MPL as well.

Always something new to learn.
This discussion has been closed.