Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Transitioning Payees from Bill Pay to Quick Pay/Check Pay

I pay all my bills from two bank accounts by entering transactions into my register, then sending them. I have all my payees in the Online Payee List. I DO NOT download any transactions or bills and I'm not going to start doing that. I enter transactions manually - that way I sure I look at them and track what I'm spending.

I am assuming that I can continue to do this.

I have done everything to set things up, including verifying my bank accounts with the micro deposits.

However, I cannot figure out how to migrate all of my payees from Bill Pay to Quick Pay/Check Pay. I certainly don't want to enter all that information again. I cannot find any instructions for doing so, although I can find several questions about it.

So, short of entering all this information again, how do I move them?

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @sktf

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

According to the FAQ: How to Move from Quicken Bill Pay to Quicken Bill Manager

If you currently use Quicken Bill Pay, you can follow the steps below to migrate to the new Quicken Bill Manager. To migrate your online payee information, these steps will need to be completed before May 31st, 2020.

An Online or Manual bill will need to be created for each payee.

If you are currently using Quicken Bill Pay, there is an option to copy payee information. To learn more please see the steps and information available here.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • sktf
    sktf Member ✭✭
    Hello Tyka, I actually have read all this - step by step. It seems from reading this that I have to set up a payment right now for everyone in my Online Payee list that I want to keep - whether I pay them every month, or every quarter, or every year. Is this really correct? Is there really no way just to copy all of my payees?

Hoping there is. Could you please let me know specifically.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @sktf

Thank you for the response and the additional questions!

If you are currently using Quicken Bill Pay, there is an option to copy payee information. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/using-copy-bill-pay-option

However, this tool can be used to copy one payee and does not include a way to copy all of the payees at one time.

I hope this clarifies!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~