Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Charged $9.95

This discussion was created from comments split from: Bill Manager: Clarifications are needed.

Comments

• glenngardner
    glenngardner Member ✭✭
    Here's what happened to me - if someone can tell me how to communicate with Quicken to get it resolved.

I had an annual bill pay membership (with Quicken Deluxe) - my subscription had not expired when i decided not to renew my annual membership based on the pending downgrades to Billpay features. . So i downgraded to Quicken Starter Edition, signed up for bill pay through my bank and called Quicken to cancel my bill pay service (all on the same day).

Today I got a charge of 9.95 from Quicken on my account. I do not understand why I am being charged for a service I will not use and did not use. I've been on hold for 20 minutes trying to resolve this.

Can someone from Quicken tell me how to correct this and make sure it does not reoccur.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @glenngardner

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

To help me understand what could be happening may I ask that you provide the name of the financial institution that you are using for bank bill pay?

Depending on the financial institution there may be a charge to use Direct Connect Bill pay and the payee may be labeled "Quicken Service Fee" or some variation of that.

Also, does the payee list a phone number for the charge?

If this is not a financial institution charge and is a Quicken Bill Pay charge, be sure you are contacting the Quicken Bill Pay number (877)486.8844 as Quicken Support does not have access to your Quicken Bill Pay account to refund this amount.

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • glenngardner
    glenngardner Member ✭✭
    Thank You.

My bank has indicated that this is not a charge they initiated as they are providing the serve to me for free. It unfortunate as I have now been on hod calling the number you suggest for 51 minutes.