Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Home Equity Loan - Account Register Disappeared

Using Quicken for the web....upgraded from Quicken Deluxe 2016 (been a user since mid 90's). I have a Home Equity loan going back 15 years. It is classified as a Liability in the Account List. Before moving to Quicken on the Web, I could access the transaction register to see payments, record interest, etc. Now that I have moved to the Web version, the register is no longer displayed even though I am still recording payments from checking account. When I click on the account, it is asking for loan details (loan created date, amount of loan, monthly payment, loan length, etc.) All of which is not relevant for a home equity loan. I tried to reclassify to a "credit" account hoping this would access the transaction register, but that is not possible. How do I gain access to the transaction register?

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @DY_Cycles

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I just wanted to clarify, what version of you Quicken you are using.

Quicken on the web or the web companion app is accessed by navigating to https://app.quicken.com/.

Is this where you are encountering your issue, or are you opening the Quicken application on the computer?

The more information you can provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • DY_Cycles
    DY_Cycles Member ✭✭
    Thank you....I am opening latest version of Quicken on my computer (Windows)
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited April 2020
    Please tell us the exact PRODUCT, BUILD, and "Valid Thru" date for your Q.
    This can be found at HELP, About Quicken.
    Also, when you do TOOLS, Account List, and then click EDIT adjacent to the account name, what does it describe there as the "Account Type".
    BTW, the "web version" is an adjunct to your desktop product.  The web version isn't a standalone product and contains but a subset of what's in your desktop Q.
    Lastly, are you downloading into this account?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

It sounds like you have activated the account for downloading, correct?

If so, the price you pay for that is that the financial institution controls what is sent and you no longer can look at/change the individual transactions.

To retain the loan register and be able to make changes in it you have to stick with a "manual entered loan account".  This would be where you use Quicken's loan wizard and a reminder in your checking account with a transfer to the loan account in a split line in the reminder.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • DY_Cycles
    DY_Cycles Member ✭✭
    Thank you @NotACPA and @ Chris_QPW...here are my responses.
    1. Quicken - Year 2020, Version R25.18, Build 27.1.25.18
    2. The account is set-up as Download, but I have never downloaded any of the transactions going back 15 years when the account was created. The process I follow is to record check payments and post payment to this Home Equity Account. From the Home Equity register, I manually post the interest expense.
    3. The Account Type is shown as Loan (btw, I tried to change from "loan" to "credit" to see if that would reactivate the register, but I see no way to change the Account Type).

Again, this process worked perfectly fine when I used Quicken 2015; i.e., the account register always appeared when I clicked on the account. Also, I have other loans and when I click on them, I see the loan details as well as the register so it is clearly something with this one account. This problem only occurred when I updated to the Quicken Subscription / Web based platform
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Like I said before, the moment you changed that loan account to do downloading you lost the ability to see/change any transactions in it.

You also can't change it back to a manual entry loan account once you have done it. 

Your two choices are to go back to a back and restore before you did that, or here is a procedure to "convert it" by creating a new manual entry account and transfer the transactions (that are really still there just hidden).
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.