duplicate transactions

hello... I continue to have problems with duplicate transactions when I download to Quicken..
I can't figure out how to access the "chat" room for help. can you give me guidance?

I asked this problem several weeks ago without an answer

Comments

• JimBrumme
    JimBrumme Member ✭✭
    also checked off "Downloaded ID" on two credit card accounts... the IDs for each transaction are different in both accounts
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    edited April 2020
    Hello @JimBrumme

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue.I see that you've already tried taking a bit of steps and see that the download ID's are different on each. Did you recently start downloading or did you download previously without issue? Is this ongoing as well?  Do you know which connection method you're using? 

I would recommend following the article here and going down to step two so that you can continue with troubleshooting the issue. 

Once you get a chance let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @JimBrumme

I would recommend following the article here and going down to step two so that you can continue with troubleshooting the issue. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

It looks like you forgot to include the link to the article.

Note if the connection type is Express Web Connect and you reset the connection for any reason, the Downloaded Ids (unique Id) will most likely change because of the system that Intuit is using to generate them (Quicken Inc pay Intuit for this service), which will of course result in duplicate transactions.

For Direct Connect the unique Ids they come straight from the financial institution, and so if they are changing only they can fix them.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JimBrumme
    JimBrumme Member ✭✭
    your links do not work
  • @Chris_QPW

Thank you! I've edited it now to include the link.

@JimBrumme

Sorry about that! I've included the link now in the original comment and down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-downloads-transactions-which-are-duplicates-existing-register-entries

- Quicken Francisco
  • JimBrumme
    JimBrumme Member ✭✭
    tried to respond directly from your email but it failed. this problem is happening in multiple accounts over a period of months
  • @JimBrumme

Thank you for the information. Do you know which connection method you use? Also which bank is this happening with? 

Have you by chance tried disconnecting and reconnecting the accounts as well when you were on chat support?

Once we figure out which connection methods being used we should be able to try somethings but we'll need that information first.

Thanks,

-Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.