Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Fifth Third Bank OL-295-A error

Just spoke with Fifth Third Bank regarding not being able to download transactions, and receiving the OL-295-A error. They told me that IT was working on the problem, which began on 4/1/20. This is more of a FYI than a question. Just thought that others may be experiencing the same issue.

Best Answers

• Accepted Answer
    Hello All,

This error has been escalated to our service providers and Fifth Third Bank for further investigation and resolution.

The alert is still ongoing and there have been no new updates at this time, I apologize.

If you would like to be automatically notified as updates and/or a resolution becomes available, please "bookmark" the Alert here.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

Answers

• TresjourTresjour Member
    Agree with Andy_KK -- I have disabled the Fifth Third 'auto' update & have been doing it manually; however I still have to call 53rd daily to have my account unlocked because Quicken continues to lock my Online Mobile and my card everyday. This is my primary account so this is my most critical account to keep in sync. If there are steps I am supposed to take with the 'updated fix' .. please share!
  • simon2simon2 Member
    edited March 20
    I'd be surprised to hear that this issue is supposedly fixed. I have been unable to sync 5/3 accounts since last November with Quicken. When I test the same accounts in (removed) they work without any error.
  • bargegeekbargegeek Member ✭✭
    My Fifth Third connection had been fine until two days ago. Now, I can't connect, nor can I re-activate it after deactivating and trying to start again. (Fifth Third occasionally changes things on there end to where even the bank name changes slightly as in Fifth Third Bank - NEW, which is the most recent iteration.)

Direct access via 5/3 web portal is fine.
  • LadypilotLadypilot Member
    edited March 28
    Has there been any resolution to the Fifth Third Bank situation? I am a new Quicken user and cannot add any banking at all. I always get "there has been an error" and "it is not your fault" Help! Quicken is useless to me for budgeting if I cannot connect to my bank! :/:/:s
    I am a new Quicken user and cannot download any banking from Fifth Third. It tells me that "there has been an error and it is not my fault"! Has anyone else encountered this response? And if it is ongoing...then it needs to be corrected PDQ because budgeting is useless without banking information included!!
  • t6wavert6waver Member
    I am also having connecting issues to fifth third as of 2 days ago. Quicken please fix this
  • newdeesnewdees Member
    I also cannot connect to Quicken since 3/27. I tried deactivating the account and I cannot activate it now. Is there anything we can do?
  • kvfritzkvfritz Member ✭✭
    Moved to new windows pc. Did a restore from backup. Did an account update for Fifth Third and ran into this error. Deleted checking/saving account and tried creating new, same error. Unable to create accounts at this time.
  • newdeesnewdees Member
    Just went thru 30 min troubleshooting via chat. Last message from agent was:

I see, I’m afraid in this case I will have to refer you to the financial institution, unfortunately we cannot resolve this issue, as we do not have access to the banks server(s) to correct Certificate or login issues or to confirm customer account information that should be used in Quicken.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you review: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-297
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • newdeesnewdees Member
    Sherlock, that's exactly that the agent had me do during the online chat. Unfortunately, this didn't fix the issue.
  • dlwilliams501dlwilliams501 Member
    I see I am not the only person having connection issues with Fifth Third Bank. I called the bank and they claimed the responsibility is with Quicken. It appears no one can neither figure out the problem nor take responsibility for it.
  • SRENGELSRENGEL Member ✭✭
    I am having this same issue with Fifth Third and Quicken. I recently upgrade to the new Quicken subscription and I have had nothing but trouble since. This is ridiculous. I should have just gone with one of the free financial programs.
  • Bob StanisBob Stanis Member ✭✭
    I too am having problems and the "solution" that is from a month ago has me going to the Self-Service tab at Fifth Third. There is no such tab on my version of the web page. Also no place to allow third party access.
    I agree Bob, I also tried to follow the steps to "click on the Self-Service tab" However, there is no tab on 5/3 site. For what it's worth, I talked to 5/3 tech support this morning and they indicated the OL-295 is a known issue and they are working to resolve with Intuit to resolve. They don't have an estimate on when it will be resolved. This is super frustrating, as Quicken is not a cheap product to use and yet this issues continue to show up. Quicken in my experience has been less than helpful in resolving them over the years. I think this will be a good time to try one of the free services and see if that works better, esp now that Quicken is moving to a monthly charge to feed my bank for bill pay.
  • Dmm3295Dmm3295 Member
    I've had the same issue for 3 days. I was on the phone with 5/3 Quicken support & she monitored as I tried to quick update. All they get is a failed login attempt. When I tried to reset my login, 5/3 never saw the attempt. They say this is on Quicken.
  • kyflyer79kyflyer79 Member ✭✭
    I have been having this same issue with my Fifth Third downloads for over a week now. I was on the phone with Quicken for over an hour and a half yesterday (mostly on hold). The tech I worked with finally gave up and said he couldn't find anything wrong and to try again tomorrow. A lot of good that did. I'm still have the same problem.

Anyone have any idea what this "Cool File Viewer" is? It seems that ever since this was downloaded with my last Quicken update I have been having this problem. When this pops up I get an error msg.
    edited April 4
    You have to reach the Quicken Department at Fifth Third. I talked to a technician and I was advised that the are aware of the issue and are working on it....meantime, my Quicken is useless for bank reconcile and bill payment. Frankly, I am considering a total refund of my Quicken payment. (Removed-Disruptive) 
  • ksaxksax Member
    I am having the same problem. Spoke to them today also. Got same response.
    Seems to be taking a long time to resolve the problem.
    I am also considering a total refund. The whole reason I use Quicken is because I like having the ability to not have extra steps to do bill pay, download my bank transactions. If that functionality is now broke, and continues to be broke than Quicken has no value for me. I mine as well save the money and go with a free service.
  • jlison2011jlison2011 Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue here - just switch to a new PC and thought that was the issue but it looks like a problem at Fifth Third - yet again.
  • jlison2011jlison2011 Member ✭✭✭
    Same issues here with Fifth Third - Same run around. Been using Quicken for finances for over 15 years - Seems like the only issues I ever have are with Fifth Third. I bank with 3 other institutions and many on line accounts with never a problem. Been with Fifth Third for over 20 years (used to be called Old Kent bank here) which do I choose to be ticked off at. Geez frustration!
  • j.cosgravej.cosgrave Member ✭✭
    Quicken has caused me much grief for the last month or so. Getting duplicate transactions, or no transactions What's going on?
  • jbaaremartinjbaaremartin Member ✭✭
    Unable to dowlnoad Fifth Third (5th 3rd) transactions today in Indiana. Anybody else ?
  • BW58BW58 Member
    Same issue here. Contacted 5/3 support today and they claimed it was diagnosed by their IT as being on the Quicken side. They also said they have heard from multiple customers.

So, Quicken staff, any input on this?

Who's Correct?
    Fifth Third will not connect through Quicken to download transactions or process bill pay. I receive the OL-295-A error, which tells you to contact the financial institution. That error is wrong, as 5/3 says this is a known issue with Quicken and it is Quicken's issue to fix.

There is another thread (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20082173#Comment_20082173) that details out there are multiple users experiencing this issue. I reported through Quicken Service on 4/7/20, and was told to start a new thread so moderators "know" there is an issue. The steps to "go to 5/3 Self Service Tab" do not work, as there is no Self Service Tab in your online account.

I reported the issue through Report a Problem in Quicken also with my log files a few days ago, but Chat Rep requested I do that as her "option to fix". Quicken doesn't seem to know what to do with this issue, or how to log issues. The other thread mentions it has been a known issue since early March 2020, and in some cases prior to that. This software used to be good, but now I had to upgrade to a more expensive version to keep bill pay, and it moved to subscription. What a waste of money! Luckily I am within my 30 days of upgrade, so I should be able to get a full refund.
    I talked to Quicken Service today and the rep told me to start a new thread so that Quicken knew it was a problem. I am not sure how that would help when no one seems to monitoring this one either. Here is the link to the discussion I just posted. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7873393/fifth-third-not-connecting-ol-295-a-error#latest
  • I am having this same problem for about three weeks. Somebody needs to get their act together and quick. If it is Quicken, get it fixed! If it is a 5/3 problem, Quicken needs to continue poking them!!! Tried of each of Quicken and 5/3 pointing finger at the other. Take charge and get your subscribers a fix. That Is why we all continue to pay Quicken good money - for a product that works as it is suppose to.

An official response from Quicken would be welcomed for sure.
  • Yes, I have, with both 2017 and the subscription version. Driving me nuts.
  • j.cosgravej.cosgrave Member ✭✭
    I have spent hours searching thru my downloaded records from citibank looking for duplicates. I have called quicken, they say it's citibank, citibank says it's quicken???
This discussion has been closed.