Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

I can't add my Bank of America account. Can anyone help?

I just got Quicken. Every time I try to add my Bank of America account, Quicken will not allow it. It says "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)" and leaves it at that. Any fix for this?

Comments

• miklkmiklk SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Log on to Bank of America site to verify your user name and password. 

See if there is a screen presented to you about downloading into Quicken. If so, answer that prompt.

• andrew776655andrew776655 Member ✭✭
    > @thecreator said:
    > Hi @andrew776655 ,
    >
    > More information is needed. See this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet
    >
    > Yes, there are fixes, but not without more information.
    Quicken - Starter Edition
    Year: 2020
    Version: R25.21
    Build: 27.1.25.21
    Windows 10 Home
    64-bit Operating System
    Version: 1903
    Build: 18362.719
    > @miklk said:
    > Log on to Bank of America site to verify your user name and password. 
    >
    > See if there is a screen presented to you about downloading into Quicken. If so, answer that prompt.
    I have logged off of my BOA account and logged back in several times to verify the log-in information and password. Both are correct. There was never any such prompt. I should add that I used to have the Quicken 2016 edition and that was connected to my BOA account. Is it possible that BOA only allows one Quicken at a time to connect? If so, how do I disconnect it? I found no option for this on BOA's website.

Thanks!
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @andrew776655

Thank you for the response and for providing additional information.

When attempting to add this account, are you navigating to "Advanced Set-Up" and choosing the connection type for the account?

Do you recall in previous versions if you used Express Web Connect or Direct Connect?

Also, may I ask which browser you are using to navigate to the Bank of America website?

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
This discussion has been closed.