Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

One Step Update is Stuck

I updated to the current version of Quicken because previous version (2017) always got stuck on the One Step Update. Now updated, and even after reboot, it's still stuck. How do I resolve this?
Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you expand upon your "stuck" comment?  Is there an error message of some sort, does it seem to go "dead" completely, or does it seem to still be working but never completing?  If the latter, how long have you allowed it to work before killing Quicken, presumably using Task Manager?
    If the problem was existing in 2017 Quicken - which should still be allowing downloads - and then continued when you moved to the subscription version, my first guess would be data corruption of some sort.  Have you tried validating the file?
  • klipp2
    klipp2 Member ✭✭
    Tom, thank you so very much for your quick response! The update gets stuck. I've waited 30 minutes before ending the task with ctrl-alt-del. Connecting to each individual bank works great. It's when I try to update all at once that the problem persists.
    Thanks for the tip to validate my file. When I do this I receive an error message reading, "Quicken Not Responding" "Validating file... checking stock splits." How long do you recommend that I wait before I kill the process?
This discussion has been closed.