When transferring money getting transaction on a closed bank account

I am transferring money from a savings account to a checking account. However the transactions seem to be routed through a closed banking account. Why? How?

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh ?
    What does the bank online website show as far as the transaction ?
    For Quicken - you can easily show a "transfer" between accounts.....
    just use the Category and find and select the "bracket" of the transfer account.
    It will automatically creat the transfer in both accounts involved.

Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    So, is that showing as 2 transactions?  A transfer from Savings to the closed account and then another transfer from the closed account to your checking account?
    And, have you looked at your memorized transactions ... to see if the "Savings account to closed account" is memorized ... and Q is picking that up as the 1st step.
    Because, this should display as a single transfer ... from Savings to Checking.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • ronaldmckie
    ronaldmckie Member
    Yes, and yes, it is showing a transfer from the savings account to to closed account followed by a transfer from the closed account to the checking account. I looked in memorized transactions and there was one for transfer to closed account. I have now deleted it and will wait to see what happens. Thank you, I would never have thought to look in memorized transactions. My guess is that getting rid of the memorized transaction will solve the problem. Thank you again for your help.
    ron
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought that Memorized Transactions were focused on the Investment accounts,
    and not avail for the Banking accounts -
    --

If Classic Menus are not turned on, choose View menu > Classic Menus to turn them on, then choose Investing menu > Memorized Investment Transactions.

•   To memorize an investment transaction
      1. In the investment account's transaction list, select the transaction you want to memorize.
      2. Right-click and choose Memorize investment transaction.
      3. Click OK to confirm the memorization.
      4. If the transaction has been memorized before, click Replace to overwrite the previous one, or click Add to create an additional one.

Notes

If Classic Menus are not turned on, choose View menu > Classic Menus to turn them on, then choose Investing menu > Memorized Investment Transactions to look at the list where Quicken just memorized this transaction.

Quicken Subscription - Windows 10