Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

My 401k's have linked but won't update

I have two 401k accounts that represent the bulk of my investments. One managed by Boeing (It's not apparent who administers Boeing VIP) and one by Target (Alight). Both linked fine initially but have not since updated. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• jk1335
    jk1335 Member
    Accepted Answer
    The deeper I dig, it appears that the only way to update is for me to initiate it manually from the Boeing account. Looks like others had the same issue. I think I'm going to give up and hope that they eventually automate the process. Thanks very much for the assistance!

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Your image shows only the title of your message.  Was there something else that you intended to show us?
    Also, what Q product are you Running and what BUILD of that product?  Find this info at Help, About Quicken.  And if it's there, what's your "Valid Thru" date?
    When you to TOOLS, Account List ... what shows in the "Transactions Download" and the "Financial Institution" columns for each of these accounts?
    Lastly, do you get any error messages, or codes, when you try to download into these accounts?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • jk1335
    jk1335 Member
    Thanks for responding!

Sorry. The image was inadvertent and should be ignored.

I'm using:
    Quicken - Deluxe
    Year: 2020
    Version: R25.21
    Build: 27.1.25.21
    Membership valid until: 3/22/2021

TOOLS>ACCOUNT LIST
    Boeing Transactions Download: Yes (Web Connect)
    Target Transactions Download: Yes (Direct Connect)
    Boeing Financial Institution: Affiliated Computer Services
    Target Financial Institution: Alight Solutions

No error messages.
  • NotACPA
    HMMM, most curious.
    Have you gone out to the respective websites and confirmed that there ARE transactions to download?

• jk1335
    jk1335 Member
    Yes. In fact, the transactions have loaded. They just don't update properly as the value of the funds change. When I click the update buton, all of my other accounts update properly (including other similar 401k type accounts) but these two remain unchanged.
  • jk1335
    jk1335 Member
    Just poking around in the source information, I noticed that the quote for the fund that the money is in has not been updated since 3/20/2020. Do you know how Q works in that regard. Does it sync with the financial institution or does it check the fund quote and then do the math based on the shares owned?
  • jk1335
    jk1335 Member
    ... more data

I got this error message when I tried to update manually (see image for the dialog box I used)

"Error Processing request. Please try after sometime - HERR: 004"
  • jk1335
    jk1335 Member
    ... update

This problem only applies to the Boeing 401k. All my other accounts are updating properly contrary to what I initially reported. However, this is still very important to my use of Quicken as the Boeing account is my primary retirement account.
  • NotACPA
    Since your Boeing account is using Web Connect, try initiating a download from that account and SAVING the downloaded file.
    Then open the file using NotePad or WordPad (NOT MS Word) and poke around to see what's in it.  It's a simple text file, with some convoluted formatting ... but you should be able to figure it out.
    Look, in particular for Transactions or Quotes in the file.
    Also, back to that Tools, Account List ... what is shown as the "Last Download" date for the account?
  • jk1335
    jk1335 Member
    Accepted Answer
    The deeper I dig, it appears that the only way to update is for me to initiate it manually from the Boeing account. Looks like others had the same issue. I think I'm going to give up and hope that they eventually automate the process. Thanks very much for the assistance!
  • NotACPA
    YES! A "Web Connect" type connection can't be invoked thru One Step Update.  It MUST be manually initiated at the website.
This discussion has been closed.