Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Bill Management

The new program does not allow setting up payments in the future. The old program Bill Pay did. I have been using that program for over 25 years and if I can't have that feature, I will not be continuing to pay a fee for Quicken Management. My bank has a free service for paying bills.

Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Good afternoon User,

Thank you for posting about your concerns. 
    You are correct, the old Quicken Bill Pay system does have a future payment function. At the time of this writing, the future payment function is not yet enabled in the new Quicken Bill Manager system. The future payment function of Quicken Bill Manager will be enabled, we expect, this summer. 
    At the moment, we are asking you to now please prepare for the transition from the old to the new bill payment system.

The old Quicken Bill Pay system is still fully enabled and working. If need be, you can double check, or indeed trigger a payment from QuickenBillPay.com.

Please be aware, the underlying technology of the old Quicken Bill Pay and the new Quicken Bill Manager is different.
    The goal of paying bills correctly and on time remains the same.
    The pathway to achieve that same goal is changing.

The new system, while different, does provide benefits in that typically you can pay a bill, and get confirmation of payment posted, received, processed, accepted and cleared, in a matter of minutes.
    The old ACH-based system can take days to clear a transaction.

We invite you to please begin now to transition to the Quicken Bill Manager, and to enable both the Quick Pay and Check Pay functions. 

If need be, you are welcome to contact support directly for additional help.

• user358326956
    user358326956 Member ✭✭
    So, before the Aug. deadline, you expect to implement the future payment function?
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    We are keenly aware that you, like many other people, very much desire this function. This exact issue has already been raised with Sr Management; it is coming this summer, the exact roll-out date to be announced yet.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Hugh said:
    > We invite you to please begin now to transition to the Quicken Bill Manager, and to enable both the Quick Pay and Check Pay functions. 

Quick Pay and Check Pay need to be integrated within the Bill Reminder entry process. They are currently not available from the Method/Check drop down menu. This makes the suggested transition to Bill Manager payment methods very cumbersome. Even though both Quick and Check Pay are authorized for a biller's reminder (check pay box is checked), it is still not possible to use either method when entering payment from the reminder. I realize there are other ways to initiate Quick/Check Pay payments, however not having them available to make reminder payments prevents a reasonable transition to Bill Manager at this time.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021