Version: R22.12 Build: 27.1.22.12 "Connectivity Problems"

Suddenly getting an error message stating that i need to reauthorise my Capital One accounts. Clicking the reauthorize button returns a message that it was successful. Then I get the same garbage after trying a One Step Update. This just began towards the end of January 2020. No issues when accessing Capital One accounts through a web-browser. Quicken Support techs were unable to resolve the issue. (Quicken Case number7342218). 2/3/2020

Still having this save problem, 4/7/2020. (Quicken Case numbers 7412496 & 7412689). No feedback from Quicken! No issues when accessing Capital One accounts through a web-browser.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Build 27.1.25.21 is the current build. Have you tried updating?  Do HELP,  Check for Updates.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Curt
    Curt Member ✭✭
    When I select "Check for updates" the response shown is that I have the most current version, which is "2019 R22.12 Build 27.1.22.12". I've spent over five hours in February and March "trouble shooting" with four Quicken people, pretty much plowing the same ground over and over. Then they give up and claim the issue is being referred to a higher level and I'll be contacted when it is resolved. Yeah, right!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried installing the latest patch from here:

Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Curt
    Curt Member ✭✭
    Maybe I'm missing something , but... I use One Step Update at least once a day and have never seen anything about a "patch", just updates to my accounts. Just tried again and no "patch".
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Curt for whatever reason yours isn't picking up the fact that there are more recent patches.  We can debate all day why that might be true, but the best thing is just to do it manually.  Download the patch for Quicken Subscription and install it to get to the latest version to see if that helps with your problem.
    Signature:
  • Curt
    Curt Member ✭✭
    Three attempts to manually update have failed. Each time I've given permission to run QW27.1.25.21MPatch and for a second I get a small swirling circle and then nothing! I have tried with Quicken open and also closed, Rebooted once and no joy. Is there a way to get a complete new download of Quicken?
  • Hello @Curt

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I see that you're having issues with updating. To start off to reinstall I would recommend doing a Qclean. Doing this should remove the files located on your computer (not your save files) Once this is done you can go ahead and reinstall the program by downloading it here

The steps for each will be located in the articles linked. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Curt
    Curt Member ✭✭
    My only problem is that I can not download transactions from my Capital One VISA account. I don't want to mess up the things that are working. The info about QClean, below, seems to indicate that it will not solve my problem.

"Before you begin
    QCleanUI should not be used to attempt to fix data issues or password problems (Quicken ID Password, Vault Password etc.). It will also not resolve online banking issues (such as not being able to download transactions)."
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

Given that you can't download from only one account does suggest that updating and such will probably not fix your problem.

But with that being said, it isn't "normal" that your Quicken can't detect a new patch version or install the manual one.  At bare minimum if this isn't fixed you will be left behind and not get any fixes/features that the newer patches provide.
    And on top of that since things aren't working right there is a chance that in fact if you could get everything installed correctly your downloading problems might be solved.

Note as far as Capital One VISA downloading.  I don't know the current status of if other people are having problems with this or not.
    Signature:
  • Curt
    Curt Member ✭✭
    The download and install went smoothly. I now have Build 27.1.25.21 on my PC. However, I still have the same issue with One Step Update that I've had since January. My Capital One VISA had updated fine for years, but not now. The Quicken Reps had me remove it via the Online Service tab and try to then reinstall it. We have done several variations of this with the same result. A error message pops up and states that "...we are unable to connect to the Quicken servers at this time." and that I should "Please wait a few hours and try again.". Well I've waited three months and no change. Four Quicken Reps have told me that Quicken has been aware of this for months and they are "working on it". I can log in to Capital One via a web browser, so the login data is not the issue. Frustrating!!!
  • Curt
    Curt Member ✭✭
    I now have Build 27.1.25.21 on my PC. However, I still have the same issue with One Step Update that I've had since January. My Capital One VISA had updated fine for years, but not now. The Quicken Reps had me remove it via the Online Service tab and try to then reinstall it. We have done several variations of this with the same result. A error message pops up and states that "...we are unable to connect to the Quicken servers at this time." and that I should "Please wait a few hours and try again.". Well I've waited three months and no change. Four Quicken Reps have told me that Quicken has been aware of this for months and they are "working on it". I can log in to Capital One via a web browser, so the login data is not the issue. Frustrating!!!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2020
    Hello @Curt,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this.

I just have a few questions for you so I can better assist you--
    Other than the error message, does it give you any specific error code(s) associated with the message?

Also, which one of these financial institution names did you choose to try and reconnect with-- "Capital One Bank - New", "Capital One Card Services" or "Capital One Card - Current"?

Last, when attempting to sign in using your Capital One credentials and reconnect the account to Quicken-- Are you seeing this sign-in screen (illustration below)?
    ---

---
    Or does the sign-in screen look like this instead? FYI-- I know the following illustration below is for Chase bank, however, some customers experiencing issues with Capital One will get this sign-in screen for Capital One instead of the one above.
    ---

If you could answer these questions above, then that will give me a better idea of where to start.

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • Curt
    Curt Member ✭✭
    Hi Anja,

The error message is, I believe, attached. At your co-workers suggestion, I've tried all three of the Capital One institutions that you mentioned. The results were always the same. Initially, in January, I'd get an error code that I could usually resolve: CC-501; CC-502; CC-503; CC-890; CC892. Then it got so bad that I called your Help Line (Case Numbers 7342218, 7412496 & 7412689) and let the tech wander all through my computer. They all gave up and referred it to a higher level of support.
  • Quicken Anja
    I'm looking into these errors right now, but in the meantime-- What do you mean by "the tech wander through my computer." Did they have control of your screen or could they only see your screen and verbally guide you on where to go and what to do?

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • Quicken Anja
    Also, thank you for providing that information btw!

Although, one thing I know for sure that is playing a part in your issue is that you are getting the wrong sign-in screen for Capital One. The one that you are getting will fail every time as it was the old sign-in screen prior to server changed that were made with Capital One. The correct sign-in screen you should be getting is the first image I displayed in my initial response to you.

I'm going over the ticket numbers you provided as well to see what the agents you spoke with did. Just keeping you posted. 

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
  • Curt
    Curt Member ✭✭
    Yes, I gave the techs access to my PC. I was able to watch as they took control of my cursor and looked at various settings.

Did the server change just happen this year? This problem only started in late December or January. I don't believe that I'd ever seen the first screen shot of yours.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited April 2020
    Hi again @Curt,

Our support techs normally do not have access to your screen. Our screen share program should only allow support to view your screen, but not control it. Was this every time you spoke with support?

As for the 3 ticket number you provided-- those are valid tickets from us and I can see that there was an escalation done for all 3. Those escalations I am having them currently being looked into.

The server change, however, took place on 06/04/2018. So, almost 2 years ago. You can review this support article about it for more information.

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • Curt
    Curt Member ✭✭
    Hello,

It's been a few months and I have been known to have "senior moments"... But yes, I seem to remember that on two occasions I watched as the techs maneuvered the cursor. You have made me wonder though about my memory, was I moving the cursor and the Tech just watched. Such is the joy of the aging process.

Thanks for the follow up.
This discussion has been closed.