Home Quicken on the Web Errors and Troubleshooting (Quicken on the Web)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I add or delete a printer on Quicken so that I can print my checks??

When I go to print a check only old printers are shown and I just got a new printer. How do I add it?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Take a look at FILE, Printer Setup.
    If your new printer is defined to Windows or Mac, it should show up there.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • I did go to File, but when I see the printers that are listed, my new one is not there. What do you mean by defined?? Thanks
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Is this new printer turned on and attached to your computer?  Can you print to it from any other application?  HOW is it connected to your computer?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Printer is turned on and I can print from other applications just not from Quicken. Printer is wireless.
  • Prickly PamPrickly Pam Member ✭✭
    Thank you, UKR, I was having the same problem and your suggestions worked like a dream. Thanks a million!
  • How can I DELETE a printer from Quicken? I have been a user many years and printers have come and gone- I have a long list of no-longer existent printers. How can I remove them? Reset printer does not seem to give me any option to remove them.
    Thanks in advance.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can I DELETE a printer from Quicken? I have been a user many years and printers have come and gone- I have a long list of no-longer existent printers. How can I remove them? Reset printer does not seem to give me any option to remove them.
    Thanks in advance.

First delete all obsolete printers from Windows Control Panel.
    Next, doing the Reset Printer Setup procedure for Quicken (above) will delete all printer definitions inside of Quicken. Once done, you'll be starting with an empty list and you can add one or more existing printers to the list.
  • Thanks for the suggestions.

The Reset Printer Setup (File, File Operations, Validate and Repair) isn't deleting the printer definitions in Quicken. Should I try to find WPR.dat and rename it as is suggested for old versions of Quicken?
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions.

The Reset Printer Setup (File, File Operations, Validate and Repair) isn't deleting the printer definitions in Quicken. Should I try to find WPR.dat and rename it as is suggested for old versions of Quicken?

Did you explicitly Click "Reset all Quicken Printer Settings", then click OK. in the Validate panel? No need to also select Validate file.