How can I find a copy of my most recent Qdata back up?

every one of my back up copies shows data stopping at 06/2018.

Best Answer

• okenny1
    okenny1 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Sherlock, I did find some backups which might help but I am a little afraid to click on it because when I did that the last time that is what wiped out 2 years of data.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The default folder for backups is ...Documents/Quicken/Backup. The system generated backups are as frequent as has been set under preferences. Manual backups should have been performed to a flash drive, cloud or NAS.
    If that does not turn up more recent backups, you can type qdf-backup in the Windows search bar.
     user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    You can also use a Window's search for all files ending in .QDF-backup.  And then pick the one with the most recent date.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most recent backup should be the backup with the most recent modification date: select File > Find Quicken Files...
  • okenny1
    okenny1 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Sherlock, I did find some backups which might help but I am a little afraid to click on it because when I did that the last time that is what wiped out 2 years of data.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    okenny1 said:
    If you're opening a data file backup, you may choose Create a copy.
This discussion has been closed.