Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Bank transactions will not download

TwinStar Credit Union, I recently updated Quicken to 2020 and now quicken will not download transactions from TwinStar. Tried quicken suggested fixes, did not work.

Best Answer

Answers

• Reiniera
    Reiniera Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem with Schools First Federal Credit Union. No downloads since 4/3/20. First I couldn't use Bill pay, got that working, and now no downloads. HELP
  • Quicken claims bank website is unavailable. Even though message shows web address for bank, which if I click on it opens bank site right up so that's BS.
  • No other error codes and I don't download any other banks because I don't run debit cards elsewhere so everything is already in the register.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    @OldFashionedWineGuy - I just confirmed that TwinStar CU is on Quicken's FI list so that is not the issue. 
    @OldFashionedWineGuy and @Reiniera - There was a connectivity issue affecting many credit unions last month and there were some changes made by Quicken and the CU's to fix the issue.  Perhaps that is what is causing your issue.  If it is, you may be able to get reconnected by taking the following steps:
    1. Go to Account Details and on the Online Services tab click on "Deactivate".
    2. Go to the General Tab of Account Details and remove all Financial Information (i.e., bank name, account number, routing number, customer ID, etc.) in the top right corner.  Be sure not to skip this step.  It is needed to give your Quicken CU account a "clean slate."
    3. Go to the Online Services tab and click on "Set up Now" and follow the prompts.
    4. During the set up process, Quicken might prompt you to do something with what was downloaded from your CU:  Add an account, Link to an existing account or Ignore.  Be sure to select "Link" and then select your CU account.
    5. Note:  Completing this process successfully might result in duplicate transactions being entered into your account register.  You will need to manually delete those.  Future downloads after this set up process is completed should not be loading duplicate transactions.
    @OldFashionedWineGuy - I'm not sure the process listed above is going to help you.  What concerns me is that Quicken said the website is not available.  If the process above does not work for you, please click on Help in Quicken and then click on About.  What does the popup say about:
    • Year
    • Version
    • Membership Valid Until
    (QW Premier Subscription: R32.12 on Windows 10)
  • Reiniera
    Reiniera Member ✭✭
    year: 2020; version: $25.21, Membership year : FEb14, 2021
    I tried the process -except for #2 because my experience is that I spend hours trying to get the register back to its updated version, and, yes, it deleted all my history prior to 1/1/20. And it duplicated hundreds of entries already in the check register. But I did see today's entries. I had to upload my backup. Citi credit card does not work either. So I am back to where I was - hand entering everything. There must be a better way!
  • Boatnmaniac
    @Reiniera - Re #2:  It sounds like you probably deleted that account instead of simply deleting the FI information from the General tab of Account Details.  If you deleted the account and then tried to set it up, again, it would have the results you described because Quicken wouldn't be able to find your account and instead create a new one showing only the limited number of transaction of the new downloaded.  #2 will not delete anything from the account.  It is simply a manual removal of the FI information in the upper right corner of the General tab (see the area circled in red)....just make sure not to click on that "Delete Account" button in the bottom left of the General tab.

Doing #2 is often critical in getting Online Services set up, again, for an account.  If you don't do it you might never get your Online Services set up for it, again. Before doing it, make a backup of your file so you can recover it quickly should something go wrong.  Then there's nothing to worry about maybe losing data.
    BTW, if you contact Quicken Support to assist you on this they will likely ask you to do this very same thing I said...it is, after all, where I got the information from.
    Re the duplicate transactions:  You can do a mass deletion of those by the following process.  It's relatively fast and simple to do.
    1)  Back up your Quicken file for quick recovery in case something goes wrong.
    2)  Before trying to set up the Online Services, make sure all transactions in your account register through today are reconciled (showing "R" in the register "Clr" column).  Do it manually, if needed.  (You can manually change them back to uncleared or cleared, again, if you want to after this process is completed.)
    3)  After your CU online services connection is reestablished and transactions have downloaded and been accepted into the register, make sure to reconcile (R) any new transactions that are not duplicates of old transactions.  Do it manually.
    4)  Pull up a Banking Transactions report.  When the Customize popup comes up:
    • Select an appropriate Date range. I'd probably use "Last 12 months" to make sure I capture all newly downloaded duplicate transactions.
    • Accounts Tab:  Click on "Clear All" and then check the box for your CU account.
    • Categories Tab:  "Select All"
    • Payees Tab:  "Select All"
    • Tags Tab:  "Select All"
    • Securities Tab:  Not applicable
    • Advanced Tab:  Make sure "Amounts" = "All", "Transaction Types" = "All Transactions", "Transfers" = "Include All" and all boxes in the "Status" box are checked except for "Reconciled".
    • Click "OK".
    5)  On the report that comes up:
    • There should be no reconciled transactions visible.
    • Left click on the top transaction in the report.
    • While holding down the Shift key, left click on the bottom transaction.  This will highlight all of the transactions.
    • Right click anywhere on the highlighted transactions and then click on "Delete Transaction(s)".  This will delete all of these transactions from your register at once.
    • Close the report and you are done.
    Of course, you will want to review your register and balances to make sure everything is OK.
    Repeat the entire process for your Citi cards if OSU, Update Now or Reset Account don't work for you.
  • Reiniera
    Reiniera Member ✭✭
    The box that is marked General will not allow any changes to Account number or Routing number in the right hand corner. See your graphic above.
  • Boatnmaniac
    @Reiniera - Sorry, perhaps I misunderstood.  I thought you said that you had followed the steps and could not set up an online connection, again.  If you had done that and could not set up an online connection, again, it means that your account is deactivated.
    If you still have an online connection set up but cannot get downloads to complete, then you first need to go to the Online Services tab of Account Details and click on "Deactivate". Then you'll be able to edit/delete that FI information on the General tab.

• Reiniera
    Reiniera Member ✭✭
    so, the credit union account now works, but Quicken Bill pay no longer works. I changed the password and user name in both the credit union account and Quicken, because it wouldn't accept the old ones. However, like I said, Bill pay is no longer working. Citi bank credit card spontaneously started working.
    Still Frustrated!
  • davidm4444
    davidm4444 Member ✭✭
    I've added my comments to several threads about Quicken Bill Pay suddenly not working past couple of days... my Payees list is empty, and Quicken Bill Pay does not show in Accounts list. I'm on 2017 Quicken for Windows

Similar thing happened back in January and to rebuild Payee's list we were told to select account "Quicken Bill Pay - New" -- which existed then, but is NOT listed now!

I would think this type issue would get attention but I don't see any response from Quicken yet.

I may have to CALL them... but dreading that.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Reiniera said:
    so, the credit union account now works, but Quicken Bill pay no longer works. I changed the password and user name in both the credit union account and Quicken, because it wouldn't accept the old ones. However, like I said, Bill pay is no longer working. Citi bank credit card spontaneously started working.
    Still Frustrated!
    I'm glad to hear your CU and Citi credit card are working again.
    I can't comment on Bill Pay since I don't use that.  I get unlimited free bill pay service from my bank and it's very easy to use Quicken to set up payments with the bank so there's no incentive for me to use Quicken's Bill Pay service.