Updating TCF Bank getting Error codes for 3 days cc502 & cc506

Updating TCF Bank getting Error codes for 3 days cc502 & cc506

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen a few other posts saying the same thing the last few days.  It could be that TCF has changed something in how/what it downloads to Quicken.  If that is the case, then you might want to try the process spelled out in another thread (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7873437/tcf-national-bank-cc-502).  This process can fix issues caused by that.
    Please let me know if this worked for you or not.  The others I have responded to with this advice did not post their results so we don't know if it fixed their issue.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R33.24 on Windows 10)
  • MLangert
    MLangert Member
    I'm also getting a CC-506 error trying to download my transactions from TCF bank for the last week or so. The only thing I'm aware of is that may be a factor is that TCF required me to change my pin# for my TCF credit/ATM cards recently (about 1 week ago) because their system is moving to a system that mandates a 4 digit code only. However, my card pin # has never been part of the Quicken download process since Quicken only asks for login name and passord (not card pin#).
  • MLangert
    MLangert Member
    Just tried the process to deactivate and then re-activate using the process above and received an error message within Quicken "Sorry we encountered an error. (it's not your fault). Quicken is having trouble connecting to TCF Digital Banking."

It must be a system wide error on Quicken's end.
  • Boatnmaniac
    @MLangert - There are just a couple more options that I can think of:
    First, log in to your online TCF account and download your transactions in QFX ("Quicken") format.  Depending on how your Windows preferences are set up, the downloaded file will be either automatically opened and imported into Quicken, or you will be prompted to select a program (Quicken) to open the file or the file will be saved to your computer.  If it's the latter, go to the file location and double click on it and open it with Quicken if prompted.
    When Quicken imports the file, you may be prompted by Quicken to link it to your existing TCF file.  Make sure to link it or Quicken will likely create a new TCF file, instead.
    After the import process has been completed, go to the Online Services tab of Account Details.  It should show that you are connected for Web Connect.  There should also be a blue link saying that an improved connection method is available.  Click on that blue link to try setting up your DC/EWC connection.
    If that doesn't work:  Create a test file (File > New File) and name it "Test".  You will need to log in to the new file with your Quicken ID.  Once the test file is open, do Add Account and try to set it up.  If you can set it up in the test file, then that says something is wrong in your regular file that will need to be corrected (more stuff to try).  If you cannot set it up in the test file, then your issue may need to be escalated to Quicken Support for assistance.
  • Boatnmaniac
    @MLangert - I just noticed your error message says, "It's not your fault."  You might want to read the following Quicken article:  https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-501.
    I still suggest that you try the download process first before contacting Support.  The same goes for trying the test file.  In all likelihood, Support will ask you to do those two things, anyway, so why not get ahead of them a little.  And if you're lucky the download process might just take care of your problem.
This discussion has been closed.