Home Quicken on the Web Errors and Troubleshooting (Quicken on the Web)

How do I troubleshoot setting up a password vault?

I am trying to set up a new password vault, but cannot get Quicken to accept the passwords for the financial institutions.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @larryc1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I apologize that you have not received a response yet.

Are you receiving any particular error message(s) when trying to set up the new password vault?

Thank you, 

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • larryc1larryc1 Member ✭✭
    No. When I type in the password for a financial institution and click on next, it does not record the password. Quicken tells me that I need to input a password.
    What version of Quicken are you running?
    Help > About Quicken

Have you checked in the password vault to see if it may have an old password saved within the vault for that financial institution? Also, which financial institution(s) is this happening with?

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • bluemanblueman Member ✭✭
    Following. I tried resetting / deleting PV. It won't fully delete, leaving 2 accounts. I'm unable to add any other account, either through PV or through One Step Update. An error message that I need to add passwords for 3 accounts displays but there's no apparent way to add them.
    Hello @blueman,

Thank you for following up, though I am sorry to hear that you were not able to resolve your issue.

To get a better understanding on what you're experiencing now--
    1. Are you still able to enter the password vault and view the financial institution(s) name for the 3 accounts it's requesting a password for? 
    2. When and where are you receiving this message? 
    3. Last, are you receiving any specific error codes along with the message, or is it just the message?
    If you are able and willing to provide screenshots, that would be helpful as well.

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja