Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Downloaded security is not active

A transaction was downloaded from my financial institution and the security does not show in the portfolio view of the account. When I check the security, the "currently held" column is not checked. How can I make this "active"?

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @smathrh,

It is likely that Quicken doesn't recognize the downloaded security.  Open the account that the security was downloaded to and click "Holdings" at the top.  Next "right click" on the new security and select "Edit security".  Check to see if there is a "Symbol" and if not - click on "Look up...".  Then make sure you select the correct security from the list.  Then close that window.

You should now be back on the "Account overview" screen.  Right click on the Gear icon in the upper right of the window and select "Get online quotes".  Make sure that the security price has been updated and that should do it.

Let me know how this goes.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • smathrh
    smathrh Member
    I should have mentioned is this is Quicken for Mac V5.15.3. Some instructions are different (i.e. no "holdings" and no gear icon. I did find the security in "Window/Securities" and confirmed the symbol (PCOXX) was there. I updated by "Edit Security" and "Options/ Rebuild History...", but no change.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay - yes you had selected a category "Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)" for your post so that threw me off.  I don't play in the Mac world and while a lot of things are similar between Quicken Windows and Mac there are differences.

Given that the symbol is there and updating didn't change, you may want to contact Quicken support for advanced assistance.  That's what I'd recommend.  Here's the link:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
This discussion has been closed.