Change Home Currency Canadian Version

I have been using the Canada version of Quicken Home and Business for several years. I have many accounts of virtually all types in different currencies. I don't know how I originally set it up but I ended up with a home currency of US dollars. This was OK because I used to work mostly in the US. However, I am now in Canada and it has become very difficult to continue working with a US home currency. I contacted support and was told that you cannot change the home currency in the Canadian version .

I have received incorrect answers before from Support so I am asking if anyone knows a way to change the home currency in the Canadian version.

If this is really not possible I would need to set up a new file and somehow import all the transactions and settings into the new file which I understand can be full of pitfalls. Can anyone tell me how to do this in a foolproof way and also tell me if everything will stay the same with the currencies in the transactions, accounts, etc. if I import them into a file with a different home currency?

TIA

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To quote you: " you cannot change the home currency in the Canadian version "

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volcano2
    volcano2 Member ✭✭
    OK. So you are confirming what support told me.

If anyone out there has any suggestions to the second part of my question, I would really appreciate advice.

TIA
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    volcano2 said:
    Can anyone tell me how to do this in a foolproof way and also tell me if everything will stay the same with the currencies in the transactions, accounts, etc. if I import them into a file with a different home currency?
    Note the Canadian version of Quicken can't change the home currency, but the US version can, and it can read a Canadian data file.  So one possible solution would be to buy the US version (most likely using a different Quicken Id) open the Canadian data file, and switch the home currency and then return the US version of Quicken in the 30 days refund period.

As for the the question above, there isn't a foolproof way of doing that.  Every possible way is error prone and difficult.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • volcano2
    volcano2 Member ✭✭
    Thank you @Chris_QPW.
This discussion has been closed.