Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Will I still be able to use Quicken 17 if I don't buy Quicken 20

What won't I be able to do

Best Answer

Answers

• What won't I be able to do in Quicken 17 if I don't buy the new Quicken
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use Quicken in Manual Mode after 4/30/2020.

Currently Supported Quicken Products (Discontinuation Policy)

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • What does manual mode mean?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    You can't use any Online Services, all data entry is done manually. Click the link I posted.
  • Will I have any problems if I decide to up grade after April 30th
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically all downloading functions - transactions and quotes - should cease on 4/30, (though sometimes it happens that downloading continues for a while after that), and you'll stop getting any updates for the program.  But you can continue to use Quicken 17 in manual mode, entering all transactions by hand and updating quotes using other sources, also by hand.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @JonnyBGood1950,

In addition to the above, you also won't be able to do online bill pay.  Also
    the downloading of stock/bond quotes and financial news headlines will stop.
    And of course you will no longer receive software patches or updates.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Greg_the_Geek
    No, you shouldn't.
This discussion has been closed.