Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Citibank Downloads don't update registry

QFX downloads from my Citibank checking account silently fail. No error when opening the file. No downloads to review. The current download has ten transactions, but they do not show up after the import.

Best Answers

• van_cleef
    van_cleef Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Actually, the problem is the inverse. I manually download the QFX file for checking as the checking account has never been "found" when using the one-step setup. I then import the file, which does say CHECKING, and the transactions land in the savings account. This used to work, so I am not sure how things got changed.

For some reason, the registry entry for the Savings account now has the account type checking. However, I disconnected both the savings and checking accounts and reset them late on Saturday night -- maybe it is server load-related -- it logged in and about five minutes later, both accounts were still set up as "checking" but both of them updated! This was the first, non-manual download for the real checking account in many years.

Thank you for your support.

Answers

• van_cleef
    van_cleef Member ✭✭
    Forgot to add Quicken release R 25.21
  • van_cleef
    van_cleef Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    ... The transactions were all place in the Citibank SAVINGS account. That is in spite of the download file clearly flagged as CHECKING.
    <ORG>Citibank
    <ACCTTYPE>CHECKING

It has done this before. Is there a place where CHECKING is mapped to an account that might be set incorrectly?
  • van_cleef
    van_cleef Member ✭✭
    I attempted to follow the instructions here to reconnect the Savings account.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Unfortunately, it now has the Account Type "Checking" which does not appear to be changeable. After using quicken with this account for over thirty years, I would hate to have to delete it and create a new entry from scratch.

I will continue experimenting.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    van_cleef said:
    ... The transactions were all place in the Citibank SAVINGS account. That is in spite of the download file clearly flagged as CHECKING.
    <ORG>Citibank
    <ACCTTYPE>CHECKING

It has done this before. Is there a place where CHECKING is mapped to an account that might be set incorrectly?
    Once we've established the binding, Quicken should be using the INTU.BID and ACCTID to associate the QFX with the register.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    van_cleef said:
    I attempted to follow the instructions here to reconnect the Savings account.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Unfortunately, it now has the Account Type "Checking" which does not appear to be changeable. After using quicken with this account for over thirty years, I would hate to have to delete it and create a new entry from scratch.

I will continue experimenting.
    There is nothing to prevent us from editing the QFX file.  I suggest you try resetting the ACCTTYPE to SAVINGS to establish the appropriate binding.  Don't forget to deactivate the Online Services of the checking and savings register.
  • van_cleef
    van_cleef Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Actually, the problem is the inverse. I manually download the QFX file for checking as the checking account has never been "found" when using the one-step setup. I then import the file, which does say CHECKING, and the transactions land in the savings account. This used to work, so I am not sure how things got changed.

For some reason, the registry entry for the Savings account now has the account type checking. However, I disconnected both the savings and checking accounts and reset them late on Saturday night -- maybe it is server load-related -- it logged in and about five minutes later, both accounts were still set up as "checking" but both of them updated! This was the first, non-manual download for the real checking account in many years.

Thank you for your support.
This discussion has been closed.