Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

One of my investment accounts uses web connect and I now get OL-362 error

the web connect has worked in the past but now get the OL-362 error which says the institution downloaded transactions for an account that isn't in the Quicken data file. Troubleshooting suggests Deactivation online services for the account and then reactivating. I try to deactivate but it does nothing - still leaves the deactivate but as selectable. Still get the OL-362 error.

Best Answer

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hi @jimquick,

Just double checking - when you performed the deactivation did you do it for ALL of your accounts with the FI, or just one or some?  Also, while not likely, you could have hidden accounts for which you would need to do the deactivation routine one at a time.  Also, once you've deactivated all accounts - you need to close Quicken completely and then reopen Quicken before you attempt to reactivate the accounts.

If you've done them all of the above, then my best advice would be to contact Quicken Support - here's a link  https://www.quicken.com/support#windows

Let me know how you make out.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • jimquick
    jimquick Member ✭✭
    Thanks Frankx,
    I only have one account with this particular FI. Others work fine.
    I have restarted Quicken many times thru this and no difference. It appears as if Quicken is doing something when I press deactivate button - get an hour glass momentarily.
  • jimquick
    jimquick Member ✭✭
    thanx Frankx. will give them a try.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    What's the Financial Institution that holds this account?  We can look up whether it's still a "Participating Financial Institution" OR if there's some other error with this FI.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • jimquick
    jimquick Member ✭✭
    It is Merrill Lynch. And the only account I have with them.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    They ARE still a PFI.  So, contact Q Support on Monday.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • stmalia
    stmalia Member ✭✭
    @jimquick, were you able to resolve? I have the same issue with a Vanguard account. Only solution thus far is to deactivate/reactivate online services when I want to update transaction history.
  • jimquick
    jimquick Member ✭✭
    @stmalia, no it is not but I have not tried to contact Quicken directly either. And it will not deactivate and most of the solutions recommend trying that. Just confusing why it suddenly happened.
This discussion has been closed.