Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

When I enter in the write checks window, the payee info is incorrect. How do I correct it?

The memorized payee info is correct, but not the payee info that fills in the write checks section.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had this problem for years and never found a solution.
    For me, it only occurs when paying 2 credit cards via electronic payment.
    Instead of the payee name appearing in the payee field, the account name appears. E.g., instead of seeing "Citi Cards" as the payee, I see "RJS Citi Mastercard", which is the name of the account. The account name does not appear in the payee list, but the payee does. I have to hand-correct this payment every month. This also happens with a Capital One card.
    It appears to be irreparable data corruption. Is that the same problem you're seeing, @BobK20449 ?
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • BobK20449
    BobK20449 Member
    That is very similar to the problems that I am having.It seems to have stored info and even though I have changed the names or added account numbers, the auto-fill still uses the old name and no account numbers. It is very frustrating not being able to find where this info is stored to be able to correct it. Quicken sure doesn't have any help with this problem, or anyone there that you can chat with.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt there's any way for Quicken staff to diagnose this problem without having your (or my) intact, non-sanitized data file to examine. I'm extremely reluctant to provide mine, so I think you should do it. :wink:
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.