Home Quicken for Windows All Things Canadian (Windows)

Updated to new version 27.1.25.22 but getting crashes (Q Win Canada)

den.fongden.fong Member ✭✭
I updated my version of quicken and am getting to errors.

1. Failed to created dump file error 183 then it crashes.
2. Invalid date when trying to input entries from downloads. Then my transactions on my account disappear. I have to restart to see them again.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @den.fong

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. You recently updating to the latest version of the Canadian version.  Do these crashes happen randomly or are they always in the same spot? One thing we could try here is a mondo patch to see if that could potentially fix the issue.

If you click here you'll be able to download the mondo patch and install it. There's also instructions on installing it on the web page.

Once you do that please let us know if it's still having issues.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• den.fongden.fong Member ✭✭
    Hi I am still having issues after I loaded this, I am trying to update downloaded transactions and getting same errors. It will work fine for a bit and then crash on different transactions.
  • Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod
    @den.fong

Thank you for trying the mondo patch. The next thing that I would recommend for you to try is to try a validate and repair. The next thing that we could try is to do a validate and repair to see if we're able to get a little bit further. If you look at the article here the steps to do a validate and repair are on step 4. 

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

-Quicken Francisco
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears that @Quicken Francisco forgot to include a link to an article about data file validation and repair.
    Please perform all of Step(2) in this document in the order specified:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

I have validated and updated still getting a dump file error
    See attached image
    Then quicken crashes
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Please verify this:

In Windows Control Panel / System / Advanced System Settings / Environment Variables ensure that both the TEMP and TMP variables point to a valid and existing folder, typically C:\Windows\Temp or  C:\Users\your_username_here\AppData\Local\Temp
    If they point to an incorrect or non-existent folder or drive change both variables to an existing folder on C:\ (or create one) and reboot Windows.

If the folder exists … does your Windows User Account have proper access rights to this folder?
    If Quicken cannot create and use temporary files, all sorts of malfunctions will occur.
    If the Temp folder is full of junk, clean it out. Delete all files and subfolders within the Temp folder structure that Windows allows you to delete. You may have to skip a few that are actively in use.

Make sure that files in the Temp folder are NOT accessed by cloud backup software at all.

Run CHKDSK /r on your C: - drive (or perform Error Checking from Windows File Explorer, Properties, Tools tab).

Those are the directories for the settings, I have cleared out and will try again. This issue is not consistent it will trigger at different times.
  • terra3terra3 Member
    Of late, first time that I've decided 'not' to update as much as I could influence things as the last update a short while back messed up my registers.

Again, as much as I could decide 'yes' or 'no', if its working well, I don't want an update. I use fairly basic functions with the program so I'd imagine I'm not missing anything except possibly the potential for 'issues' with an update . . .