Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Bank of America SMS Never Received

My Bank of America Checking and Savings Accounts will not download.During download process, Quicken asks how to send text but I never receive. I am a long term, many year user

Best Answer

• Quicken Diana
    Quicken Diana Moderator, Employee mod
    Accepted Answer

MartinPF13 

Thank you for reaching out in the Community! The One Step Update feature pulls the information that the financial institution has already sent to Quicken. It is being stored until the OSU is performed at which time it is downloaded into your Quicken registers. Some financial institutions require an additional authorization (sending a code to be entered) which is not able to be done with a OSU function because the initial request for the information has timed out.

In this case you can use the Update Now feature to update your accounts. This option is found by clicking on the icon that looks like a gear (actions menu) in the upper right hand corner of the register.

Please let me know if this worked for you.

-          Quicken Diana

Answers

• Quicken Diana
    Quicken Diana Moderator, Employee mod
    Accepted Answer

MartinPF13 

Thank you for reaching out in the Community! The One Step Update feature pulls the information that the financial institution has already sent to Quicken. It is being stored until the OSU is performed at which time it is downloaded into your Quicken registers. Some financial institutions require an additional authorization (sending a code to be entered) which is not able to be done with a OSU function because the initial request for the information has timed out.

In this case you can use the Update Now feature to update your accounts. This option is found by clicking on the icon that looks like a gear (actions menu) in the upper right hand corner of the register.

Please let me know if this worked for you.

-          Quicken Diana

• MartinPF13
    MartinPF13 Member
    I think it did but I had already manually downloaded the transactions importing the .qfx files so there was nothing new. No errors though. Thanks, I think and hope.
  • MartinPF13
    MartinPF13 Member
    I know I thought it was fixed but today with known new transactions I tried again. During normal OSU, Quicken asked for number to text (3 times for three accounts at Bank of America). It failed (as expecxted). I then tried to update from gear for the specific account and also got the request for text messages but this time it did not update.