Home Quicken for Mac Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)

Problems with quicken 2020 and schwab account

Recently updated my schwab account. Changed ID. After doing this I have been getting error 2000 when attempting downloads. Interestingly, my schwab bank account works fine. I made sure that 3rd party downloads are enabled on the web site.

Up till yesterday, prior to the change, it worked fine. Also changed my password. Called Schwab. All looks good on their end. Also called quicken. Tried deleting the accounts in quicken and reinstalling. Still not working. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Eli

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found these notes in my records regarding Schwab, Mac and Error 2000:
    • Error OL 301 with Schwab accounts (or "General error 2000")?
    • Logon to your Internet account at Schwab's website and make sure that in your profile, Security Center, "Third Party Access" is set to "Allow".
      Wait several minutes before you try to download from Quicken again.
    • Quicken Mac users: Make sure that your account is connected to Schwab using "Direct Connect" protocol
    Hope that helps solve your problem.
  • Tom YoungTom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This FAQ:
    indicates an error in the OFX file being sent by Schwab.  What with your change of ID there may be some sort of "lag" going on in the construction of the OFX file, e.g., the ID in the file may not have changed yet.

• EliBEliB Member ✭✭
    I guess I will wait a day or so. Interestingly, no problem with the new settings on mint.com
  • EliBEliB Member ✭✭
    good news. This morning it works fine. Something must have changed on schwab's end
This discussion has been closed.