Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Chase and Citibank giving CC-898 error. No help from Quicken Support

I upgraded to Quicken Premier 2020 for Windows from 2017 on Saturday. Before I installed, I did a one step update, which ran successfully. After upgrading, only my American Express account updated. Chase and Citibank both returned CC-898. I looked here for threads, and it seemed Support was the only way to go. The agent stepped me through deactivating and reactivating the accounts. It didn't work, but before I was through the agent had left the chat, and closed the ticket.

Today I established a new chat. Agent went through same steps. the accounts would not reactivate. The agent said there was nothing else she could do. I have the full transcript of the chat, but here is the end of it. So, are customers with Chase and Citibank able to download transactions in Quicken 2020? If so, what steps do I need to take? If Quicken is unable to connect to their accounts. Again - it worked 15 minutes before in Quicken 2017

AgentApr 13, 2020, 3:50pm
This error occurs when Quicken is unable to connect to the bank to receive transaction information.
This could be caused by something on the bank’s end blocking Quicken from connecting.
So, it could be that you need a special login to connect with the bank.
This is for the type of connection they provide which is direct connect.

MeApr 13, 2020, 3:53pm
still confused. It worked on saturday in 2017. I upgraded because i was told i could no longer connect with 2017.
and now that i have 2020 i can no longer connect. I can’t be the only person who has Chase and Citibank accounts.
Is this happening with each one of them? and you’re telling me it’s not you, it’s the bank?
so how have your other customers with Chase and Citibank accounts solved this problem?

AgentApr 13, 2020, 3:55pm
Yes, we tried to resolve the issue by following the previous steps but you told me that when you added the account back is not taking your credentials, correct?

MeApr 13, 2020, 3:56pm
you know that is correct. but the banks accepted my credentials on saturday with quicken 2017.
so, how are your Chase & Citibank customers resolving this situation? It can’t just be me
I can’t tell what’s going on here - you seem to be saying it’s my fault for not knowing my credentials

AgentApr 13, 2020, 3:59pm
No, I’m not saying that this is your fault what I’m saying is that Quicken is unable to connect to the bank
to receive transaction information

MeApr 13, 2020, 4:00pm
Do all of your customers with Chase or Citibank have this problem?

AgentApr 13, 2020, 4:01pm
To be honest this is my first time that I receive this type of issue, during the last two weekes maybe

MeApr 13, 2020, 4:02pm
So, is this the end of what you and quicken can do for me?

AgentApr 13, 2020, 4:04pm
Ok, let me tell you we don’t have access to the bank’s servers that’s why you must contact them, I do apologize for this
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• oraclemetro
    oraclemetro Member ✭✭
    Thanks Anja! I'll call them tomorrow and let you know...
This discussion has been closed.