Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

i'm trying to add a biller, and i'm prompted for an authentication code, but i've not received any.

i'm using the latest quicken, after just upgrading, and trying to add a biller. i go in, pick the biller, enter my id and password, it spins a little, and then asks me to enter the code from my code authenticator. but none was sent. the biller website doesn't ask me for one, and there's no obvious place to get one, and i can't proceed to add the bill. all i can do is cancel. the biller is elizabethtown gas. thanks.

Answers

• Rick8
    Rick8 Member ✭✭✭
    A box should come up asking you how you want your code sent. Sometimes this takes about 30 seconds to pop up. It typically offers an e-mail address and a cell phone number. Pick one. Another box will pop up after you pick one asking for the code. Enter the code, and Quicken will search for the account and offer you the account(s) it finds. Pick the account and a drop-down box will let you select "link to existing account", "new account", or cancel. If you pick one of the account options it will update the register.
    If this is not happening in this order, you should probably contact tech support (650) 250-1900.
  • mikenj1
    mikenj1 Member
    Elizabethtown Gas just changed their billing website. I had to create a new logon. I don't think quicken has the ability to access this new site yet.
  • mikenj1
    mikenj1 Member
    Oh I was able to complete the logon process with the 2-factor code but then quicken says the account is locked.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @joevincenzino and @mikenj1

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing the online biller profile for both of your accounts and show that the bill has been removed and I do not see the bill synced and in error.

May I ask that you attempt to re-add the bill once more, if you receive an error please let me know so that I may report this biller.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • joevincenzino
    joevincenzino Member ✭✭
    hey tyka, for some reason, at the start, i had two different online bills for the vendor, elizabethtown gas. so, decided to delete both and start over. at this point, when i try adding the biller, i am prompted for my login credentials, which i enter, and after a few seconds, i'm prompted to enter an identification code for a two step authentication. problem is, as i said at the start, i'm never prompted to choose a way of sending the code, so i never get a code to enter.

joe
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @joevincenzino,

Thank you for attempting to re-add the Biller and for posting back in with the results, although I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists.

I have gone ahead and reported this Biller, outlining the details you've provided here regarding the specific behavior that's occurring with the two-step verification process. 

Please allow at least 24-48 hours before attempting to add the Biller again, however, an issue of this nature may take a longer amount of time to resolve.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie