Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Bill Manager: Check Pay Limit of 3 per month is unacceptable!

I recently upgraded from Quicken Premier 2017 to Premier Subscription (vs. downgrading to Deluxe) primarily because Bill Pay was included. I no sooner had set up my Bill Pay account then Quicken announced QBM was being launched. I set up that account and everything seemed to be fine until I recently hit the limit of 3 Check Pay transactions per month. Nowhere was this limit communicated and it did not exist with Bill Pay.

I contacted Quicken Support who informed me this is in fact the limit and there was nothing they could do. Is there someone here who can help explain why this limit exists? Are there plans to change it? How could Quicken implement a system that is so inferior to the previous system that existed for years? There must be a disconnect somewhere...
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @tdgstl,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your concern, though I am sorry to hear that the new Bill Manager payment limits are upsetting to you.

Unfortunately, as of right now, there are no decisions made on making changes to this and also do not currently know if there will be in the future since the Bill Manager feature itself is still very new.

If you'd like-- I did find this support article for you to review. The article will provide you with more information on Bill Manager payment limits.

I hope this information serves to be useful to you!

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • tdgstltdgstl Member
    Thank you Anja, I appreciate the quick response and the link to the informative article.

I don't understand how Quicken can force a transition to a new program without disclosing that the new program offers less than the old one. It's very disappointing. I have not seen any communication that points out these key differences. In everything I've read Quicken states that if you sign up for Premier you get Bill Pay. The marketing materials are incomplete and misleading. I haven't seen anything other than the support article you linked that refers to limits or to a difference between the level of service included in Premier vs. a direct subscription. Or to the lower level of service provided with the new program vs. the old one. Frankly it's a shocking downgrade and is causing me to rethink my longtime use of Quicken.

That said, I upgraded to Premier in February from Q17 which is before QBM was announced. I set up my Quicken Bill Pay account but they would not activate it for me because of QBM. I was told they were equivalent services when they in fact are not. Because of this situation I feel my account should at least be in the middle tier so my limits are a bit higher.
  • Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    I definitely understand where you are coming from!

I believe the reason they decided not to activate Quicken Bill Pay for you is likely due to Quicken Bill Pay also being discontinued and replaced with Quicken Bill Manager.

I know that this may not reverse your current dissatisfaction with the change, however, I did want to provide you with the following links below, in case you would like to review any further information on the Quicken Bill Pay's discontinuation and/or the new Bill Manager service.
    1. Quicken Bill Manager is Replacing Quicken Bill Pay - Quicken website
    2. Quicken Bill Pay Discontinuation/Introducing Quicken Bill Manager - Quicken Community thread
    3. How to move from Quicken Bill Pay to Quicken Bill Manager - Quicken Support article
    Of course, if it's any consolation to you, you are always welcome to reach out to Quicken Support and call to provide feedback to voice your opinion as all our calls are recorded and monitored for quality assurance.

I hope you understand that I can not guarantee whether or not they would be able to fulfill your request to raise your payment limits. However, they should always be willing to try and work with you in any way that they are permitted to do so within our policy guidelines.

Best regards,

-Quicken Anja

Quicken Support Current Hours of Operation:
    8:00 am - 5:00 pm PDT
    • Quicken Phone Support - Monday through Friday
    • Quicken Chat Support - 7 days a week
    -Quicken Anja
  • tdgstltdgstl Member
    Anja, I appreciate your responsiveness and information. I spoke to Quicken Support earlier today and the person I spoke to was very helpful. He suggested that I contact Quicken Bill Pay and try again to have them activate my account because of the delay. He also assured me that QBM will have higher limits by the time Quicken Bill Pay is deactivated.
  • kmckinnonkmckinnon Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Under the Old Quicken Bill Pay if I exceeded whatever amount of payments I was allowed with my Quicken Premier I was billed an additional amount. Using the new Quicken Bill Manager when I exceed the Check Pay limit I get an error message and cannot send the desired check. This is totally unacceptable and makes Bill Manager useless to me.

Like many Quicken users I DO NOT have a lot of online accounts. In fact I had to define one to begin using Bill Manager! So I quickly hit the ridiculous limit you set and its hard stop! You must not only significantly up the limit of Check Pay transactions but you must remove the hard stop. Replace that hard stop with a nominal fee for more Check Pay transactions.

In a way it doesn't matter as unless you fix the entire process to allow scheduling the payments I will be moving my financials to another product.

And as long as we're discussing "musts"... [removed - violation of community guidelines]
  • Angela JamesAngela James Member ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    kmckinnon explained the problem very well!!
    Under the Old Quicken Bill Pay if I exceeded whatever amount of payments I was allowed with my Quicken Premier I was billed an additional amount. Using the new Quicken Bill Manager when I exceed the Check Pay limit I get an error message and cannot send the desired check. This is totally unacceptable and makes Bill Manager useless to me.

Like many Quicken users I DO NOT have a lot of online accounts. In fact I had to define one to begin using Bill Manager! So I quickly hit the ridiculous limit you set and its hard stop! You must not only significantly up the limit of Check Pay transactions but you must remove the hard stop. Replace that hard stop with a nominal fee for more Check Pay transactions.
    [Removed-Rant]
This discussion has been closed.