Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Problem downloading transactions from Citi Bank.

I first noticed my problem this morning. It was working OK a few days ago. When I download my credit card transactions from citi.com the reconcile screen appears which shouldn't happen normally. There are some valid transactions on it but that should have been taken care of automatically like it always does. There are some transactions that are totally wrong and the totals are crazy. I suppose this is why I am getting the reconcile screen.

I cancel the reconcile and when I look into my register it has some ginormous number for the balance. I mean 10 digits+ and they are all the same.

Is this a problem at citi.com? I hope it;s not a Quicken problem per se.

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    The Citi website is down.  Try again later.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R32.12 on Windows 10)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Accepted Answer
    The Citi website is down.  Try again later.
  • streetwolf
    streetwolf Member ✭✭
    I see this now. Here's hoping it's down because they are fixing my problem. Time will tell.
  • Citi not downloading
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    In my case, its only accounts using Express Web connections that are failing (of which Citi is one). Might be an issue with Quicken's EW and/or how banks are connecting to those services.
  • Boatnmaniac
    As the popup in my previous post says, downloading is going to be hit-or-miss for the next week or so.  For me today, Citi did update but about about half of my accounts with other FIs did not update during OSU.  With Update Now I was able to get a few of those accounts that didn't update during OSU to update but most still did not.
    While this issue does seem to be more prevalent with EWC accounts I also had some DC accounts that did not update.
    If yesterday is any indication, wait until night time to run OSU when Internet traffic starts to drop off and the FIs have been able to process all of the new transactions received from the night before.  Yesterday during the morning and afternoon only about half of my accounts updated (like today) but when I ran OSU again at about 8:30 pm CDT all of my accounts across 4 different Quicken files updated except for 2 (out of more than 2 dozen accounts).
    For the next week or so I'm going to just grit my teeth and bear it.  There's no point in raising connection issues here in Community while there is a known FI capacity issue/cause for which there's nothing we nor Quicken can do much of anything to fix.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    I was able to update Citi accounts (both banking and CC) last night at about 11:30PM EDT. Its prob best to try off hours. You might get lucky.
  • Boatnmaniac
    That's what I did, too.  Ran OSU at 8:30 pm CDT and Citi finally updated my accounts...along with most other FIs that didn't update earlier in the day.
    I think the way to think of this issue is to look at submitting print jobs from your computer.  You send one print job and it prints out right away.  But if you send several print jobs, one right after the other, the printer still prints out at the same speed but every print job after the first one goes into a memory queue waiting for the other jobs to finish printing.  When FIs get more transactions than their system has processing capacity for, the excess transactions go into a queue waiting for their turn to be processed.  It takes time.
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Was again able to update both Citi banking and cc accounts tonite at 11PM EDT. Its either heavy traffic or the banks are just shutting down non-critical connections during heavy usage hours.
This discussion has been closed.