Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

CC-502 Errors Wright-Patt Credit Union, USBank, Chase Bank

Quicken-Deluxe Subscription / 2020 R25.21 27.1.25.21

Consistently getting CC-502 error over the last 4 days for all these accounts.
Wright-Patt Credit Union, USBank, Chase Bank

No problems with the CitiBank accounts that I have.

This seems to all started after last update

Best Answer

Answers

• Brian Davis
    Brian Davis Member ✭✭
    CC-502 errors when attempting to update with credit union - again.
  • Hello @Brian Davis

Many Financial Institutions are experiencing a higher volume of traffic than normal due to the millions of stimulus payment direct deposit transactions being processed currently.

This is indirectly affecting connections from third party systems, like Quicken, but should self-resolve once the traffic levels have decreased.

Hope this helps, thanks!

-Quicken Francisco
  • Brian Davis
    Brian Davis Member ✭✭
    Not buying that; it happens everytime quicken does a software update, I live in a rural area and bank with a local credit union, not that much covid-19 related traffic.
  • Brian Davis
    Brian Davis Member ✭✭
    Still getting cc-502 error when quick update attempt. Online bank access no problem.
  • gregnugget
    gregnugget Member ✭✭
    What's the update on connecting and automatic transaction downloads with banks and credit unions? I'm not connecting with either.
  • b squared
    b squared Member ✭✭
    I haven't been able to update several of my accounts for 3 weeks now, specifically Chase and Ally. Any update besides that it is due to stimulus checks? I find it hard to believe banks have had that much consistent traffic for 3 straight weeks...
  • wemmons53
    wemmons53 Member
    Chase corrected itself a few days later and working fine now. USBank still intermittent, works for few days then stops again. The WPCU issue was not fault of bank or Quicken side. They use a third party service I did not know about. The issue was with them. Took over a week but is working fine now.
  • b squared
    b squared Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the info, @wemmons53.

I'm still having issues with Chase and haven't been able to update since around 4/13. Have tried resetting my account, but in the process get an error that reads, "Quicken could not complete the account reset. This could be caused by a temporary problem connecting with your financial institution or an incorrect password. Please try again." I have received this message over several days on different rest attempts.
  • simpsonn
    simpsonn Member ✭✭
    > @b squared said:
    > I haven't been able to update several of my accounts for 3 weeks now, specifically Chase and Ally. Any update besides that it is due to stimulus checks? I find it hard to believe banks have had that much consistent traffic for 3 straight weeks...

Same problem now 4 weeks. Started happening after system upgrade. PLEASE communicate with us. What's going on?
  • b squared
    b squared Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    > @Quicken Francisco said:
    > Hello @Brian Davis
    >
    >
    > Many Financial Institutions are experiencing a higher volume of traffic than normal due to the millions of stimulus payment direct deposit transactions being processed currently.
    >
    > This is indirectly affecting connections from third party systems, like Quicken, but should self-resolve once the traffic levels have decreased.
    >
    > Hope this helps, thanks!
    >
    > -Quicken Francisco

@Quicken Francisco, are you able to give us an update here? Still having issues with Chase Bank (all the time, haven't been able to update since 4/13) and Ally Bank (intermittent, several days a week).

I have tried updating at various times throughout the day/night and still no luck on Chase. I'm not able to reset my account - when I try to do so, I get an error message (after receiving the text with my code and confirming the account I'm resetting) saying to try again in 24 hours. I haven't tried to reset my wife's Chase account, and it also won't update.

I have been able to update my Ally account and both Chase accounts on [removed - no soliciting] with no issue the entire time.
  • b squared
    b squared Member ✭✭
    To clarify - since the name of a competitor was removed from my prior post as it was marked as "soliciting" - I can update my Chase and Ally accounts without issue on other financial management platforms. So I'm skeptical that there is an issue that is directly affecting connections from third party systems, when I have tested other third party systems and they seem to work fine.

Any updates?
  • b squared
    b squared Member ✭✭
    Found a workaround. I had to deactivate all Chase accounts (Tools > Account List > Edit > Online Services tab > Deactivate) and then reactivate each one. Seems to be updating as normal now.
This discussion has been closed.