Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

I'm getting an error message CC-555 from Bank of America what can I do to connect?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @moneygone,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

CC-555 is a potential server block that occurs on the financial institution's side. Please, review this support article regarding error CC-555.

Thank you,

-Quicken Anja
    -Quicken Anja
  • RJ
    RJ Member ✭✭
    Just wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue today. When I log into Bank of America Credit Cards, I have to click a button to confirm it is me, and then I have 10 minutes to connect Quicken to BofA and download transactions. That does not work today, and I still get the CC-555 error message. If I call BofA and go through the phone menu, the moment I state I want help wiht Quicken, the recording states no one is available to help right now, please call back later, and the call is terminated from the BofA end.
  • RJ
    RJ Member ✭✭
    I don't think this is a Quicken issue. This is a BofA issue: in fact, if it weren't for AK Airlines CC usage, I would drop that rotten potato out of my tool bag in about 2 heartbeats.
  • crysmys
    crysmys Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello Everyone,

Many Financial Institutions are experiencing a higher volume of traffic than normal due to the millions of stimulus payment direct deposit transactions being processed currently.

This is indirectly affecting connections from third party systems, like Quicken, but should self-resolve once the traffic levels have decreased.

Here is also the link to alert as well if you'd like to follow it. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7873989/new-4-15-20-bank-of-america-returns-cc-555-155-error#latest

Hope this helps, thanks!

-Quicken Francisco
  • quicken2
    quicken2 Member
    For me, Bank of America connection worked fine yesterday (4/15/20) but not so much this morning. I see the COVID stimulus checks have arrived into our accounts (mine, and my relatives'), so the explanation from moderator Quicken Francisco seems accurate. Thanks, Francisco!
  • Joecinma
    Joecinma Member
    Greetings,

This is happening to me also.... and I have a theory.

My last successful update was April 13th. On April 14th IE received a security update - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4550905/cumulative-security-update-for-internet-explorer

I understand that Quicken always uses IE to communicate with banks.

I have a similar error when trying to update my ATT Credit card account that popped up today so I don't think this is Bank of America specific.

Just a theory!

Joe
  • Jim Noel
    Jim Noel Member ✭✭
    Has anyone had any success with this? I am continuing to get the C-555 error today (4/20/20) when attempting to download transactions.
    -jim
  • dsfQ
    dsfQ Member
    Woo-hoo -- I had my first successful download just now. First time since Apr. 14th for me, no more CC-555 !!
This discussion has been closed.