Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Payments to Payee with multiple Accounts Scheduled on Wrong Account

Disclaimer: I am new to Bill Manager and was never a QBP user. I'm moving from PayTrust and bank-based bill pay in hopes of simplifying matters. As of 4/15/20, I use the most recent version of Quicken-Premier on a PC.

The Problem: I have three different electric company accounts. I have successfully added them all to my Online Bill Payees and setup the Check Pay option as well. At my bank I have them set up in the bank's bill pay system too as I've paid them using that method sometimes in the past. I entered a Check Pay scheduled payment on two of these accounts to pay them on their due date. (Since Quick Pay does not permit future payments). I then viewed the scheduled payments on the bank's website and found that both were there and scheduled for the correct dates, BUT both were going to be paid using an OLD electricity account that is no longer active and NOT setup in Bill Manager.

I used the electric company to illustrate the issue and hope someone can assist. (This happened on a different payee too under identical circumstances, so its not a payee issue. I did not catch that one in time and had to work it out with the payee to transfer the money to the correct account.)
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @David Lafferty

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have a few questions to help me understand what could be happening.

By electricity account do you mean that the scheduled bills had the wrong the payee information being used?

Previously, did you use the bank's bill pay system from within Quicken to send payments or was this done from the bank's website only?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • David Lafferty
    David Lafferty Member ✭✭
    Thank you very much for trying to assist me!

Q1: By electricity account, sorry no I didn't mean the scheduled bills had the wrong payee. They had the correct payees, but the wrong company account number at that payee. (I have three active electric (KY Utilities or "KU") service accounts and one old one that is no longer in service. On the bank's bill pay site, each is set up as a separate payee with its corresponding correct KU account number. The same is true in Bill Manager.

Q2: I did not previously pay from within Quicken, only directly using the bank's bill pay functionality and/or PayTrust.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @David Lafferty

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.