Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

PenFed Error CC-506/505 (updated title)

Rick20
Rick20 Member ✭✭✭
Receive an error CC-506 when attempting to download PenFed Credit Union transactions. However, PenFed is not on your list of financial institutions that are having download / access issues.

Best Answer

Answers

• Don89
    Don89 Member ✭✭
    I'm having similar problems with downloading from PenFed, error is "CP_ACCOUNT_NOT_FOUND". I am able to manually log into PenFed and view my accounts.
  • Pacheco
    Pacheco Member
    For the last two weeks I've been getting a CC502 error when downloading from Pentagon Federal Credit Union. Is this a know issue? Is there a fix for this error?
  • Hello @Pacheco

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. We've had some difficulty with 502 errors from the stimulus checks but your issue started a bit before that came up. 

Have you looked at the support article here for troubleshooting steps yet? If not I would advise to try it out and report back to us.

Please let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Fighter Pilot
    Fighter Pilot Member ✭✭
    I got the error 505 several times and then was able to download and now I'm getting it continuously again. I am able to log on to their site with no problem.
  • jasonbrla
    jasonbrla Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @Fighter Pilot & @jasonbrla

Thank you for reporting this error to the community.

If you haven't already, I encourage you to view the Alert here for more information on this ongoing known issue.

To automatically receive updates and/or a resolution as one becomes available, be sure to bookmark the Alert by clicking the yellow star icon in the upper right.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Fighter Pilot
    Fighter Pilot Member ✭✭
    I saw the alert and I've bookmarked it but none of my other institutions, most of them much larger are not experiencing this problem.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jasonbrla
    jasonbrla Member ✭✭
    I also don't see Pentagon Federal in that list, should it be added if it is valid?
  • Fighter Pilot
    Fighter Pilot Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > Have you tried these instructions? https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-505

Yes, I've tried those steps and I just tried them again. Still get the 505 error.
    Harold
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this time I can only recommend patience. Many banks simply don't have the extra capacity in their servers to handle the additional website traffic by customers looking for their stimulus checks on top of the bank's share of the 80+ million direct deposit transactions that appear to have been dumped into the banking system all at once causing a major traffic jam.
  • jjkrogs
    jjkrogs Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue.
  • JOHN THOMPSON
    JOHN THOMPSON Member ✭✭
    I've had the same CC-505 issue now for a week and have tried the "update" procedure with out any improvement. I can log onto the PenFed site myself without issue.
  • jasonbrla
    jasonbrla Member ✭✭
    I've seen this issue with other banks and quicken did something to resolve the error. Is someone looking into this on the quicken side, or are they simply assuming its related to the volume issue?
  • I've had the same CC-505 issue for the past week. Pentagon Federal C.U. confirms there does not seem to be any issue on their end. I can download from their website to Quicken but not update their account from Quicken. Same question as jasonbria, "Is someone looking into this on the Quicken side?"
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. As the original poster said, I was able to download one time (register update, not OSU) and have continued to have repeated errors regardless of update method used. The successful update came after a new statement so there were dividends to download. There is only limited activity on my PFCU accounts so I'm wondering if this may relate to an improper Quicken response relating to inquiries where there is no current activity to be reported. I am having a similar problem with a savings account that also has no recent activity.
    All my other accounts (banks & CUs) are now downloading correctly so the stimulus surge seems to have run its course.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Kent Kester
    Kent Kester Member ✭✭
    I've been unable to access my PenFed Credit Union account for >1 week--always getting CC-505. No problem accessing the account via the PenFed website.
  • jasonbrla
    jasonbrla Member ✭✭
    my penfed updated today, out of the blue
  • Kent Kester
    Kent Kester Member ✭✭
    Same for me.
  • M B
    M B Member ✭✭
    Ive been having this issue for about 2 weeks. Unable to update via account settings. Set up test file and unable to add penfed accounts. Seems issue must be with quicken. What is eta for correction?
  • jasonbrla
    jasonbrla Member ✭✭
    It stopped again
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    It is intermittent for me and happened again today. When I try to update during business hours, it usually fails regardless of the update method I use. If I try again at night, around midnight east coast time, OSU may still fail but when I "update now' from register gear I can get a successful response.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • herbepa1
    herbepa1 Member ✭✭
    I am receiving a 505 error. When will this be fixed? PenFed is not on your list?
  • PricklyPete
    PricklyPete Member ✭✭
    Same for me. It might have worked once in the last couple of weeks. C'mon quicken.
  • gary
    gary Member ✭✭
    same problem for me. Please fix the problem.
  • gary
    gary Member ✭✭
    Tried to edit my comment to say error CC-505 for Penfed. "save comment" gives "format not found" error.
  • mikek753
    mikek753 Member ✭✭
    it stopped working for me about 2 weeks ago, the last week once update went through, however for the past 4 days nothing
    I tried reset and also test new quicken file, but nothing
  • Hoteling
    Hoteling Member
    Same problems here trying to download via Quicken. Here I am spending more time and effort working on stupid Quicken problems than my finances.
  • DrPaul
    DrPaul Member
    I'm having the same problem
  • jasonbrla
    jasonbrla Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    This is ongoing [removed - inaccurate]