Home Before you Buy

Downgrading Service

I currently have Quicken 2017 Premier. Can I downgrade to the Deluxe version? When I first started using Quicken, I came over from a Microsoft product, I needed the premier for investment tracking. I am now retired and find that with my brokerage access and my bank access I really do not use Quicken all that much. I hardly write any checks now days but it is nice to track everything in one place but not as essential as it used to be.

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can downgrade from Premier to Deluxe and still have most of the investment functions.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 2004
  • Daddi0Daddi0 Member
    IS this true of all the versions? I have home&Business 2017 but don't need it anymore. Can I replace it with Premier 2020?
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daddi0 said:
    IS this true of all the versions? I have home&Business 2017 but don't need it anymore. Can I replace it with Premier 2020?

Almost YES.  If you downgrade to Starter Edition (which lacks MANY of the functions of even Deluxe) AND your subscription ever expires ...  Starter becomes "Read Only".  No data input of any sort, download or keyboard, will be allowed.
    But, otherwise it's simple to down (or up) grade since the file layout hasn't changed in about 5 years.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.