Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Capital One update continues to give me a message I need to reauthorize

Capital-New keeps giving a message I need to resign my accounts and then says successfull and does nothing. Quicken needs to have a discussion with Capital one about how poor the updates are! I am so tired of updating then going online and seeing what the balance is and manually updating. It is always days sometimes weeks behind.

Best Answer

• Accepted Answer
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

Due to the recent release of COVID-19 relief payments, many banks are experiencing a high volume of online activity.  In order to maintain their systems, some banks are limiting the amount of traffic to their servers, which may cause temporary issues when attempting to download from these banks into Quicken.

This includes Capital One, we’re working with our service providers to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

To automatically receive updates on this situation, please 'bookmark' this ALERT by clicking the yellow star icon in the upper right.

Thank you for your patience

-Quicken Tyka

Answers

• larschnurlarschnur Member ✭✭
    I started having this problem on 4/16/20 for two accounts. Just looping and looping on a page that states a company called simplfi.
  • Greg BrownGreg Brown Member ✭✭✭
    I also received the message that I need to reauthorize my accounts. I have 2 logins, one of my logins has one account, it reauthorized OK. The other login has 4 accounts, it keeps coming back to the reauthorize screen, after I have signed in and reauthorized...
    Quicken Home, Business and Rental Property 2020
    Windows 10 PRO
  • rdhetrickrdhetrick Member
    Same problem here. After reauthorizing with no success, I deactivated online services for the accounts. Now when trying to reconnect them, I get the "Sorry, we encountered and error. (It's not your fault)" error.
  • craigcandersoncraigcanderson Member ✭✭
    Same problem here - seems like Capital One connection to Quicken gets messed up every few months.
  • When using One Step Update this morning, all my Capital One accounts did not download. I received a notification telling me I had to "reauthorize" my accounts. I went through a series of dialogue boxes & reentered my CapOne credentials. It accepted my credentials and then showed me the accounts associated with those credentials, which matched my accounts. I clicked next and it appeared to work. Moments later I received the same message asking me to reauthorize. I repeated this process 3 times, each time it appeared to accept my credentials, identified the correct accounts, and successfully complete ... only to be followed by another request for reauthorization!

Please help!
  • AWinTxAWinTx Member ✭✭
    Started for me this morning. Initially, looked like Quicken was hung up as it didn't do anything after signing in. No progress bar or any indication that it was processing after 5 minutes.

Went to Capital One website in Security Settings and Unlinked the accounts. At first this seemed to get Quicken past the spinning issue where it looked like it didn't do anything but still took me back to screen that says "Capital One 360 needs your attention - Your bank needs to reauthorize your accounts". Did this three times and still didn't work. So unlinking it on the Capital One site did nothing in the long run.

HTH.
  • craigcandersoncraigcanderson Member ✭✭
    I am having same problem - please fix!
  • timl62timl62 Member ✭✭
    It's always Capital One for me. Multiple disruptions over any 12-month period. Can't get a straight answer from Quicken support or Capital One. They point at each other. Enough
  • Tom FreedTom Freed Member ✭✭
    Same problems as stated above this morning. I have multiple accounts with Captital One and I get the same error, need to reauthorize. I go through the steps, it shows me the accounts I want to download, then it does nothing but ask me to re-authorize. Please let us know when resolved.
  • Phil H.Phil H. Member ✭✭
    Same problem. I re-authorize multiple times but to no avail.
  • timl62timl62 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. Contacted Quicken chat support. No solution. Advice was to try again in a few days.
  • djhenningdjhenning Member
    Same issue, started yesterday 4/15/20.
  • edjschwedjschw Member ✭✭
    Likewise the same issue, but only after quicken updated this morning to R26.14 build 27.1.26.14.
    A very strange coincidence!
    My ofx log contains the following:
    string>Issue with the access token. Got HTTP status 403 with reason [Forbidden] from host for API=[accounts-summary].</string>
    Goggled the error, got this:
    The HTTP 403 Forbidden client error status response code indicates that the server understood the request but refuses to authorize it.

This status is similar to 401, but in this case, re-authenticating will make no difference. The access is permanently forbidden and tied to the application logic, such as insufficient rights to a resource.
  • One other comment ... after all these reauthorizations fail, Quicken freezes for almost a full minute!
  • Ron CzapalaRon Czapala Member ✭✭
    Having same issue. Quicken says reauthorize successful, but then One Step Update says I need to Reauthorize. keeps repeating in a loop
  • Cory C CreamerCory C Creamer Member ✭✭
    Same issue here
  • Cory C CreamerCory C Creamer Member ✭✭
    same issue here
  • levy76levy76 Member
    I'm experiencing the same issue.
  • DougDoug Member ✭✭
    Starting April 15 when I go to download transactions from Capitol One I get a message to reauthorize access to my account. I go through the reauthorizing process and it says I am successful however when I try to update my transactions I get the same reauthorizing message and the account is not updated. This has just started happening and I have been updating this account for years without any problems. I am also able to go to the website and access my account directly. Any ideas or similar experiences with Capitol One?
  • murrymckmurrymck Member ✭✭
    Same issue here.
  • I have been having same issue for a few days
  • dmacey72dmacey72 Member
    same issue. Glad it's not just me.
  • Greg BrownGreg Brown Member ✭✭✭
    same problem...
  • Walter RothWalter Roth Member ✭✭
    Ditto. Endless loop.. keeps saying I need to reauthorize after I go through the process to reauthorize.
  • Same problem here. Capital One says they can't help to contact Quicken.
  • SharonoldmanSharonoldman Member ✭✭
    Same capital one problem here
  • MaikeerMaikeer Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 16
    I just moved from Quicken 2017 for Windows to a subscription a couple of days ago.  I thought that the Capital One problem (two accounts, one Capital One Card Services and the other Capital One Bank - New) was related to my move.   

Obviously it wasn't.  Hopefully this annoying "reauthorization" issue gets resolved soon, whether it's by Quicken or Capital One.  

Quicken for Windows subscription.  Quicken user since 1990.   
  • Brad L VandermoonBrad L Vandermoon Member ✭✭
    same issue here.
  • Brad L VandermoonBrad L Vandermoon Member ✭✭
    same issue here. isn't there anyone here from quicken that can fix what is clearly their issue.
  • Same problem for 2 days now.
This discussion has been closed.